Engine Start Button

X

xThunderbirdSCx

Anyone ever tried this, and succeeded? Thought it would be a cool concept. You would still need a key, but the button would start it rather than turning it. Anyone know how i could hook one of these things up in my 89SC?

Essentially, all you need to do is close the circuit between the 2 big posts on the starter relay (near the battery). If the key is in run it will start. You could do that by running 2 wires, or you can find an EVTM and get it from your ignition switch (I don't know which they are off hand).

xThunderbirdSCx said:
Anyone ever tried this, and succeeded? Thought it would be a cool concept. You would still need a key, but the button would start it rather than turning it. Anyone know how i could hook one of these things up in my 89SC?

You could put one of these in your car dirrectly off the Ford GT.

FORD_GT_SWITCH_006.jpg

Shane

I am waiting for the CS 8051 to be released from Crimestopper. It has 2 disables and is transponder activated. In other words you walk up to the car and the doors unlock then you sit down and press the start button. The ignition and starter circuits are disabled when you walk away.

Jeff

Back