Rear Dif

LightEMup

Was wondering what my options were, use to have pozzi trac all the time, blow donuts like it was nothin and drift around corners with ease....now one of the tires comes unlocked as soon as i try any of that stuff......what i was wondering is if that rear dif treatment fluid would do anything, or since it's a whole clutch setup, if i would have to replace the whole rear dif. Just lookin for a cheap fix but if i gotta replace it i gotta replace it.

LightEMup said:
Was wondering what my options were, use to have pozzi trac all the time, blow donuts like it was nothin and drift around corners with ease....now one of the tires comes unlocked as soon as i try any of that stuff......what i was wondering is if that rear dif treatment fluid would do anything, or since it's a whole clutch setup, if i would have to replace the whole rear dif. Just lookin for a cheap fix but if i gotta replace it i gotta replace it.

In your case you have many options to chose from, you just have to deside on how much you want to spend. You can get a rebuild kit for dirt cheap or you could get a whole new trac loc setup or you could step up to an Auburn or Eaton limited slip. The rebuild kit I think is less than $200, maybe less than $150 if I remember right. New trac loc units are usually around $250ish and Auburns and Eatons start at $299 and go up from there. Hope this helps.

Shane

AWD Chevy?

LightEMup said:
use to have pozzi trac all the time,........ what i was wondering is if that rear dif treatment fluid would do anything.
What kind of AWD General Motors product are you talking about here? How is your front differential set up?

Confused 68COUGAR

You probably need a new clutch pack - about $60 for the parts.

so for a new clutch pack if that's all it needs, how much are we talkin for labor? how hard of a job is it?

Back