Top 5 reasons to hate ricers

Why do domestic guys feel the need to post about "ricers" all the time? I seriously want to know.

I think a few minutes behind the wheel of a GOOD import would change a lot of minds.

Supra TT
300zx TT
3000GT VR4
Evo
STI
Skyline (if you lived in a country that has them)

If you haven't driven any of these cars, you should before you bash "ricers".

The cars you guys probably see a lot are civics with big aluminum wings and clamped on autozone mufflers, it's basically the same as the guy with a v6 mustang putting a saleen body kit and graphics on it (I've seen more then my share of those type).

Drive or ride in one of the above mentioned, the exact model. Don't say you know because you rode in someone's WRX, because it's not even remotely the same as the STI, same for a NA supra or NA 300zx. I personally garauntee that one of those 6 cars would change your mind about imports completely.

I'd take anyone from these boards for a ride in my Evo if you live close.

hey I like the supra and the vr4 wanted them for a long time. not necessarily imports i'mpickin on, just ricers , there can be domestic ricers 2

"there can be domestic ricers too" (Edit by Admin)

Poor excuse IMO. Why waste your breath on someone elses crappy car? Do you make fun of single moms at walmart with crappy mini-vans and be like "HAHAH ALL HUBCAPS WELFARE MOM!!!!"

To me, your ride is like tatooing. Some people like to fix it up, some people don't. Some people do a good job, some people have no clue. I don't waste my time complaining or making fun of either, because it's not my body and it's not my ride.

oH FOR SURE. Mustang rice is all over where i live.
"Definition of rice: flashy all show no go car"
Im in love with all 6 of those cars.
It just so happens that most of the people that "trick" out their car is the ones driving thier moms corolla and civic, or other import to make it look "JDM"

Mentality

I think the term ricer just points to a certain type of mentality. Its not the car most of the time (although that is debatable) but it is the person behind the wheel.
There are a lot of imports I like. Even civics and such that have been done up classy. It just bothers the hell out of me when I see someone with a piece of crap _____(insert civic,cavalier,mitsubishi.....) with $30 fart can and a wing go blowing by me, diving like an idoit thinking he's in the indy. This is stupid and dangerous.
Supra, Rx7, integra all done up nice.......Cool. Idiot who thinks his car runs 10's and tries to prove it constantly.........well you get the idea.

come on 1FASTSC... lighten up.... yes even i myself love those cars.... especially in gran turismo... SKYLINE is my favorite... and yes i would give up the SC or a COBRA for a skyline.... but hell you dont see those " i know what i am doing with this import" on the streets alot.... hell i gave props to a dude in a civic with a turbo that i raced... he lost but according to him he was tuning his car by himself and it did sounded crappy and it sounded like it was backfiring...... but the guy knew what he was doing... no fancy body kits or wings... just a nice drop and some nice rims... but he still lost thought.... on the freeway if i may add.... but he knew what he was doing.... and most of my friends have imports without the big nasty wings and body kits.... i give them props... but when u see an idiot on the street with a useless wing and a over sized body kit doesnt it bother u also? i think it should, wether ur an import or domestic....

1FASTSC said:
Why do domestic guys feel the need to post about "ricers" all the time? I seriously want to know.

I think a few minutes behind the wheel of a GOOD import would change a lot of minds.

Supra TT
300zx TT
3000GT VR4
Evo
STI

QUOTE]

Ricers don't post about domestic guys? :confused:

I get what you mean and all, but the cars you have listed here are definately NOT rice! Ricers drive and modify cars that were meant for another purpose like fuel economy, commuting to work, and going to get groceries. They take these econo-boxes and start adding wings, fart cans, and wheels that cost more than the car itself. :rolleyes: That's the definition of rice in my opinion. A freaken four door Honda Civic that was taken from MAMA and pimped out! LOL! Fast or not, RICE IS RICE. ;)

Now with that in mind I have seen some SUPERCOUPE rice believe it or not! :eek: Though a Supercoupe was indeed designed to go faster than most cars I have seen some examples of what NOT to do with one such as a "space shuttle" wing that sits three feet above sea level. LOL! And sitting one on those rediculous tire and wheel combo's that look like wagon wheels and stick out about one foot while looking like GODZILLA stepped on it. And "OH YEAH!", some mustang owners are rediculous too! Especially the 6cyl crowd.

I've been in a 04 EVo 8(Full exhaust-boost controller) 05 Sti(Open turbo Back,with headers) And A 93 VR4 w/3in cat back)

All Three cars are carzy fast---the sti makes my stomach churn.........Imports have some power--as long as u get the right ones......
the right ones being turbo....

all three destroy my SC ----tho ive givin the 3000 a good top speed run......

This is vid of my buds evo8-vrs-sti- both go off the line but as u will see- the boxer motor takes the evo........but in my opinon....it was all driver....Evo-sti
1FASTSC said:

Supra TT
300zx TT
3000GT VR4
Evo
STI

The cars you guys probably see a lot are civics with big aluminum wings and clamped on autozone mufflers, it's basically the same as the guy with a v6 mustang putting a saleen body kit and graphics on it (I've seen more then my share of those type).

Drive or ride in one of the above mentioned, the exact model. Don't say you know because you rode in someone's WRX, because it's not even remotely the same as the STI, same for a NA supra or NA 300zx. I personally garauntee that one of those 6 cars would change your mind about imports completely.

I'd take anyone from these boards for a ride in my Evo if you live close.

Dirk SC said:
I think the term ricer just points to a certain type of mentality. Its not the car most of the time (although that is debatable) but it is the person behind the wheel.
There are a lot of imports I like. Even civics and such that have been done up classy. It just bothers the hell out of me when I see someone with a piece of crap _____(insert civic,cavalier,mitsubishi.....) with $30 fart can and a wing go blowing by me, diving like an idoit thinking he's in the indy. This is stupid and dangerous.
Supra, Rx7, integra all done up nice.......Cool. Idiot who thinks his car runs 10's and tries to prove it constantly.........well you get the idea.

EXACTLY my point... i've seen some ricer mustangs out here a couple times with apc everything and a giant wing on the back of thier stock v6 with spinning hubcaps, fartpipes, and eurotails, driving like thier vin diesal..I think thats hilarious .. but thats a ricer to me.

I saw a mn12 Cougar the other night while at work. I couldn't tell if if it was the supercharged XR7 or the base model. I was too far from it. But it was primered and had one of those park bench wings on it. RICE!

I usually stay away from these discussions. To me ricers are the ones with the tricked out cars with plastic written all over them. Okay, sure some may go like hell, but when the airplane cosmetics and the "bolt-on" rear wing that looks like it was a redneck job sticks up three feet over the cab, it is a ricer.

Whoever says a Mustang with ground effects packages are ricers, somebody needs a reality check with Mr. Shelby. The new Shelby is full of these "body kits" and what not but to an extent that they still match the car. The 2006 Shelby Mustang will kick the arss of any skyline, zx, and yes, even an Evo. A Mustang is NOT a ricer.

............I have no respect for fart wagons either, especially when they are integrated behind the mask of a plastic ricer.........................................

Whoever says a Mustang with ground effects packages are ricers, somebody needs a reality check with Mr. Shelby. The new Shelby is full of these "body kits" and what not but to an extent that they still match the car. The 2006 Shelby Mustang will kick the arss of any skyline, zx, and yes, even an Evo. A Mustang is NOT a ricer.

A reality check with Mr. Shelby? I was talking about v6 mustangs with s281 body kits (that's a saleen body kit for those not in the know). The GT500 is going to be an awsome car when it's produced, expensive, but awsome.

Sorry to burst your bubble however, saying that it will kick the ~~~ of any skyline, and evo is a bold statement that holds no water.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0505_scc_skyline/

The link is for the upcoming skyline Z tune, it's produced by NISMO (which is part of Nissan) and it will run 10 seconds flat 0-400 meters.

The Evolution FQ-400 edition (Also a specialty production car) slapped the pants of a Lamborghini Murcialago on an episode of Top Gear (british car show, it rocks you should watch it).

The FQ-400 will probably go 400 meters in 11 seconds and change, but I don't have specs.

Shelby makes one hell of a car though, and I read all about it in MotorTrend and have to say I'm very excited to see one.

for me some reason i woulld hate ricers

1.- even worse image of drag racing/street racing ( after F&F mainly)
2.- their 4cyl FWD is the only way to go mindset
3.- for driving up the prices of anything turbo related
4,- the all brag no drag attitude.

i think ricer is more a ttitude thing than anything else is no their car they drive ios the way they drive ir
is no that they mod thair cars is the tasteless way they mod them.

like the other day we were at this shop , that makes thropy trucks for the baja 1000, with 800-1000hp engines that must run for lots of time in the worts conditions.

so the owner of the shop was trying to explain why RWD was far supperior to FWD in most racing situations, and this ricer kept telling how ALL fast cars were FWD , integras , CRX , Accords..........then we told him about the vette , ferraris , porsches etc and he starting saying those were more show than go.........i never heard so much BS n so little time.

so the owner of the shop was trying to explain why RWD was far supperior to FWD in most racing situations, and this ricer kept telling how ALL fast cars were FWD , integras , CRX , Accords..........then we told him about the vette , ferraris , porsches etc and he starting saying those were more show than go.........i never heard so much BS n so little time.

What an idiot. All the fast cars and then you say integras, crx, accord, oh man I would have lit that guy up myself.

It's funny how when someone starts talking about fast little cars they ALWAYS forget about a car that Shelby developed in cooperation with Sunbeam/Roots in the 60s-the Sunbeam Tiger. They essentially took a 1800lb car the size of an MG Midget and stuffed the front end with a 260CID V8 in the early years, and a 289 in the last 2 years.

I have owned one of these beasts since 1976-a 1965 MkIa that originally had the 260, but now has a stroked aluminum 302 that displaces 331 inches. The motor was built by Coast High Performance, and develops 415HP, 440ft-lbs at the flywheel. The mill was installed last month-and will hit a chassis dyno next spring, as the weather is now too unpredictable in Iowa-even with the 260, on dry roads you could snap the back end around in a heartbeat.

These cars were beating the Vettes, Ferraris and Jaguars in the 60s in track competition-those "fast" cars mentioned are just icing on a rice cake ;)

Back