Gears?

OneFastBird

I want to get some gears but I'm not sure what gears that I should get and I would like to get some opinions. I have a 94 5-speed with the following improvements, 3.5" intake, 76mm mafs, 85mm t-body, MP inlet, S-model SC, inner cooler fan, 255lph fuel pump, 5% pulley and cat back exuast. I would like something agressive, but I would still like to be able to drive it around and every once in awhile on the highway. Looking for lots of opinions, Thanks

Gears

You want 3.27s for that car
Anything Lower and you will be quick shifting first gear

1st gear will basically be useless

Yeah...

OneFastBird said:
I want to get some gears but I'm not sure what gears that I should get and I would like to get some opinions. I have a 94 5-speed with the following improvements, 3.5" intake, 76mm mafs, 85mm t-body, MP inlet, S-model SC, inner cooler fan, 255lph fuel pump, 5% pulley and cat back exuast. I would like something agressive, but I would still like to be able to drive it around and every once in awhile on the highway. Looking for lots of opinions, Thanks

Yup. I have almost identical mods on my 95 5-speed. But the previous owner installed 3.55's. Way to much gear. 2nd feels like 1st, and 1st is useless. 3.27's are what i woulda went with.

Close Ratio + 3.27's = GOOD

I have an '89 XR-7 with a late model 5-spd & 3.27's. I wouldn't choose anything else. Still pulls HARD in 4th. gear.

Early (wide ratio) 5-spd + 3.27's made for an almost useless 1st. gear. The late (close ratio) model is MUCH better!!!!!!

68COUGAR

Back