A/c

SuperFly Flynn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everytime I have the A/C on and I acclerate the A/C kicks out, its still on because I can here it, but air does not blow. Then when I stop it comes back. Also it feels like i'm being robbed on acceleration with it on too...

____
1994 SC LS

That is normal with the SC (and some other Fords)

The A/C blower vent baffles are controlled by vacuum. When you accelerate, the system vacuum is decreased and this causes the vent baffle to close. If you put your hand over the defrost vent during acceleration you will find that the air flow has shifted to these vents. I was once told that there is a vacuum "check-valve" that can be installed on the line to maintain the pressure during acceleration.

Check all of your hard vacumm line in the engine compartment. You should find a broken line, which can be fixed with the proper id size rubber hose to fit snugly over the hard line. Make the rubber hose about 2" long and just slip the hard line into each end of the rubber line. Seal each end with a dab of RTV if you want. Had the same symptoms on my car a few years back.
Good Luck !

Back