Best place to ?

Roadhawg

So where is the best place to get a tune in Hampton Roads?

I was going to go to Street Motorsports, but they seem to lack organization.
They never answer the phone and when I left a message, the lady from Street Motorsports returns my call a day later and me tells me to go there at 4:30pm and someone should be there. I leave work early to go to Street Motorsports to find out that no one is there to do my Baseline Dyno run.

Roadhawg said:
So where is the best place to get a tune in Hampton Roads?

I was going to go to Street Motorsports, but they seem to lack organization.
They never answer the phone and when I left a message, the lady from Street Motorsports returns my call a day later and me tells me to go there at 4:30pm and someone should be there. I leave work early to go to Street Motorsports to find out that no one is there to do my Baseline Dyno run.

Z & I both had our cars tuned there, but that was back July. I've heard they've had their problems since then. Steen Racing also does it, & I believe Ed Clark tunes through them as well.

Took my 1995 Mustang to get a baseline Dyno run before I do any mods on it. On the first pass the Transmission started to slip in 3rd at about 3000rpms. The only way to get a Dyno run was to do it in 2nd. So now I'm think about replacing the transmission. I have a C4 with shift kit it has about 15,000 miles. What is needed to swap the AODE to a C4?

Street is defiantly has some problems right now.

I wont down the shop one bit, Ive been friends with all the owners from the original owner when it was HOLESHOT PERFORMANCE.

Justin, a friend of mine, used to be a mecahnic there. I will say TO HELL WITH GREG YASIKA*, but hes at some DODGE dealership now.

Don, the current owner of Street is out of town for the next couple of months, and the people that were running the shop for him were kinda driving it into the ground. So instead of closing the doors like he knows he should, his passion has been the shop, and now his wife works there AFTER she gets off her fulltime day job, and two of his friends take on the jobs whenever they can.

Like I said, they definatly have issues right now, but I wont down the shop as a whole, just the one mechanic ... Greg that is no longer there.

When Don gets back, expect deals on Dyno time, shop time, labor, parts etc. Hes a great guy to deal with and Ive known him for a few years now.

Broke Neck said:
Street is defiantly has some problems right now.

I wont down the shop one bit, Ive been friends with all the owners from the original owner when it was HOLESHOT PERFORMANCE.

Justin, a friend of mine, used to be a mecahnic there. I will say TO HELL WITH GREG YASIKA*, but hes at some DODGE dealership now.

Don, the current owner of Street is out of town for the next couple of months, and the people that were running the shop for him were kinda driving it into the ground. So instead of closing the doors like he knows he should, his passion has been the shop, and now his wife works there AFTER she gets off her fulltime day job, and two of his friends take on the jobs whenever they can.

Like I said, they definatly have issues right now, but I wont down the shop as a whole, just the one mechanic ... Greg that is no longer there.

When Don gets back, expect deals on Dyno time, shop time, labor, parts etc. Hes a great guy to deal with and Ive known him for a few years now.

I think Don's in the navy. Is he deployed?

..yes,Brent and Frank are great guys,I had my first dyno session done there but they are who told me to contact Ed because they didn't have the Ford Tbird files for tuning..has that changed?
z

I ended up at Steen Racing with Ed Clark doing the custom tune.
My mustang with a SC M90 and other goodies runs great now. :)

i know they are SCT tuners, so they should have access to the national SCT repository... maybe just something at that time, i will check and see?

dtp response/quote

z90sc; here is what I got back from DTP, im sure the price is less if you already have the SCT chip

OK, we can do the C0S using a SCT chip. Chip, computer chip install, dyno time, custome tune and tax runs $617.50.

Let us know a couple of days ahead of time when you are ready.

Back