Anybody do any carbon fibre work?

SK_BlownThunder

I am planning to do some carbon fibre work in the near future, but not on my SC...yet. I am doing it on our Formula SAE car at my university and nobody on our racing team knows how to do carbon fibre. We have a role of it (about 3ft wide by 8 yards long) and plan to use it on the nose cone and seat. I have done minor fibre glass repair on my snowmobile and that is about it. If anybody has done any work with carbon fibre, I would like to speak with them. (Resin, setting, forming, heating, etc...)

Thanks,

Brett

SAE is the ~~~~... and i'm not talking about the fraternity for those of you who know about that. I used to go to school at Kettering University and we had this program also. I got to drive the formula car around an autocross course we set up in an abandoned GM metal fab lot... it was pretty awesome... I miss that place, but neways, back to my point... I could probably hook you up to talk to some people who could help you more than me.

geigerb said:
I am planning to do some carbon fibre work in the near future, but not on my SC...yet. I am doing it on our Formula SAE car at my university and nobody on our racing team knows how to do carbon fibre. We have a role of it (about 3ft wide by 8 yards long) and plan to use it on the nose cone and seat. I have done minor fibre glass repair on my snowmobile and that is about it. If anybody has done any work with carbon fibre, I would like to speak with them. (Resin, setting, forming, heating, etc...)

Thanks,

Brett

The web site http://www.fiberglast.com has some good info on composites. Check under the "I'm new" section for info on fabrics, resins, molds, etc.

Back