3.73 rear problem......

Ken Seegers

SCCoA Member
I just installed a 3.73 pumpkin. I am getting a weird vibration after I let off the gas from doing about 75-80 mph. Also I feel like the rear is "tight" at that speed. The rear was complete unforunately I do not know how it ran before I got it. Any ideas?????? :confused:
Thanks
Ken

Ken Seegers said:
I just installed a 3.73 pumpkin. I am getting a weird vibration after I let off the gas from doing about 75-80 mph. Also I feel like the rear is "tight" at that speed. The rear was complete unforunately I do not know how it ran before I got it. Any ideas?????? :confused:
Thanks
Ken

How do the U-joints look and feel. I had the same thing happen to me. When I would accelerate it would be fine because of the load on the U-Joints, but when you let off the gas the drive shaft is basically coasting with no pressure on the U-joints to keep them still and quite.

Just a thought.

Smitty

Quik95SC said:
How do the U-joints look and feel. I had the same thing happen to me. When I would accelerate it would be fine because of the load on the U-Joints, but when you let off the gas the drive shaft is basically coasting with no pressure on the U-joints to keep them still and quite.

Just a thought.

Smitty
Smitty,
I will double check tonight.
Thanks
Ken

The same thing happened on my 94 LX when I swapped in the 3.73 rear end. Balancing the driveshaft and installing a set of poly diff bushings took care of it.

-Rod

Back