Is it DEAD????

95scfan

well more problems for my 95 today when I got in it I started it up and no clutch pressure let it warm up and usually I have pressure but today nothing checked the fluid in it and it was good looked under and it looks like the clutch is dripping it looks like the place where the trans connects to the engine so the logical thought is that the pressure plate is gone right????
please help me

thanks

95scfan said:
well more problems for my 95 today when I got in it I started it up and no clutch pressure let it warm up and usually I have pressure but today nothing checked the fluid in it and it was good looked under and it looks like the clutch is dripping it looks like the place where the trans connects to the engine so the logical thought is that the pressure plate is gone right????
please help me

thanks[/QUOTE

Slave cylinder went out. Pull the tranny and replace it. Then bleed it.

that sucks any ideas how much a shop will charge to do it???
another guy just said that might be the prob thanks for the help

that isn't too horrible any ideas where to find a good one new or used as long as it will work and do I have to have a 94-95 or can I use an older one????

thanks

or maybe a part ###

Last edited:
new or used

Whatever you do, DO NOT put in a used one. A used one will probably fail right away and you will be right where you are now. An old Murphy's law comes to mind here "The possibilty of a used part failing is directly proportional to the cost plus the time it takes to get to it." Trust me, been there done that and used the t-shirt for a rag. JUst my 2 cents, Rob

ok I was kinda thinking a newer is better then its my ace that dicked it up and not the one that rodded the sc before me any ideas on a part number 94-95???
thanks

re-clutch

I would replace your clutch and presure plate to with the slave cylinder. With it leaking it it will soak in the friction material on your disk. Plus since its out its the best time to change it to save money down the road on doing it again! Material cost will be from 200 and up for the parts! If you live near any sc guys I'm sure some one would help you! GOOD LUCK!

any ideas where to go I have an autozone in the next town that has a clutch and pressure plate and slave for about 300 but they are a valucraft of something cheap like that any reccomendations??? preferebly cheaper not the cheapest unless they will get the job done for a few years until I can really throw the ching ching at them

thanks

I've bought two slave cylinders from Autozone. I don't know if they are reman's or not, but both have had the Ford logo cast into them for what it's worth. Your clutch may not be bad. I've had a slave go out on my Cougar and my '95 and in both cases the clutch was spared. But you should take it off and inspect it.

Dial-A-Clutch is the place I got my whole clutch kit. It's the LUK web site...they are the original manufacturer of the clutch and I believe the slave cylinder as well. Do the whole shot while you have the tranny off. If you don't mind spending more money later on, you don't have to change the clutch, but if you are doing the work yourself, there's no sane reason not to replace it. Like "super merc" who got the T-shirt and used it for a rag....been there, done that, don't want to do it again if I don't have to.....

yeah dialaclutch the whole kit for about 250 thats awsome but is it a really good clutch??? I know nothing about these people I was looking at a centerforce II clutch plate but wanted a whole kit. this includes everything slave, clutch disc the pressure plate release bearing and a pilot bearing and the tool for cheap is it worth it?

thanks

The Centerforce and Spec clutchs are basically rebuilt LUK stuff. Unless you are going hog wild with mods at some point in time, the stock LUK clutch will be all you need.

Also have the flywheel checked and if needed turned to true it back up.

I've got the Centerforce DF in the Cougar and the Centerforce II in the '95. I'm quite satisfied with the performance of both. I've also got a CF DF in a '67 Chevy that does quite well. The CF-II has quite a bit less pedal pressure than the DF. Both grip quite well. The Centerforce kit comes with the clutch disc, pressure plate, and throwout bearing. The pilot bearing is available at Ford for a reasonable price and the slave is available at the parts store.

well the dude that owned it before me had the throw out bearing replaced beofre I got the car so for now its the slave but the clutch and pressure plate would be a good idea but I am sure they are still good but I don't want this car to nickel and dime me to death before I get the last 540 paid off on the previous engagement. But the sc is going to have to wait for a few unless my boss the farm boy helps me put it in he has done loks of tranny and motor swaps so he should be able to help I hope.

thanks

Back