Supercoupe Drivers Rally Together (progress W/ Stewart Componets High Flow Waterpump)

T@Sound-Xtreme

Ok, Heres what has been asked on our part, they want to know #'s. Meaning how many people do we have that would be interested.

Heres what i need to know, are all 3.8 water pumps the same? Does the SC have a different waterpump form the NA 3.8? That way i know how far and wide i can spread this.

Jack Wilson wrote:

Stewart is considering producing an upgrade hi-flow water pump for this but we really need more information...like how many 3.8sc engines are out there, application..year, make ,models etc. If you could supply this we would have a better understanding of the demand and this will definetly help get this off the ground.Thanks!

Here is the link guys

http://www.stewartcomponents.com/cg...tech;action=display;num=1116948268;start=0#11

Show your interest there................

Tyler

P.S. Can i get a sticky on this?

Tyler, I think the n/a 3.8 water pump is different. Advance Auto tried to give me one and it was wrong. Someone else may have some hard info, but from my experience, I think they are different.

I added myself to the list...Come on guys, let's step up to the plate and get something done. If we can show that our products have been profitable to other companies, new companies will be more likely to support us.

The N/A pump is different than the SC pump.
The pump for all years of SC'c are identical.

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
This has only been going on for like 3 years or so now!...

Damon, I know i picked up after i saw the post the Duffy left in the members area. Id still really like to see this happen, and I am pretty good at bugging people, they should just pray i dont get a direct phone # to this guy, I will call him everyday if need be. Ill try my hardest to get this to go, so just add your name to the list ;)

Tyler

HOW ABOUT A STICKY ON THIS?????

I just posted for the two SC's in my stable......

I sure could have used one last weekend when I replaced the water pump on SC #3.....

Please do not let this thread die.

Duffy can i get a sticky PLEASE :D :D :D

on Sep 30th, 2005, 1:57am, Duffy Floyd wrote:
Mr. Wilson,

Not to damped your current interest now in developing a HP Water Pump for the Ford 3.8L Supercharged Application but please tell us the truth. Is this REALLY something Stewart is interested in or is this lip service? This is the third attempt at getting Stewart Components interested in this product application. Over 3 years ago I sent you a water pump for development purposes. The last go around I identified a casting manufacturer for you to get the stock pump castings for your production after having your board flooded within three days for requests for around 60 pumps. Over 5 years ago Stewart was contacted by a vendor willing to purchase 100 pumps for this application. Simply asked....is Stewart going to do this or not? If there is really interest the community will repond appropriately.

There were approximately 64,000 of these engines and cars made between 1989 and 1995. You can do the math with the expected loss rates and figure how many might be left. The SCCoA alone has over 600 members the majority of who are performance oriented. There is NO ALTERNATIVE HIPO water pump available. All years used the same water pump. The pump already has an oversized shaft and bearing due to the supercharging loading of the serpentine belt system. All we need is an improved impeller since it is doubtful we are talking a Stage II or higher version for this limited application.

What other information do you need to make a decision?

JACK WILSON WROTE:
STEWART IS VERY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS AND THIS INFORMATION WILL DEFINETLY HELP MOVE THINGS ALONG. AGAIN, THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!

Tyler

Last edited:
DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
My name has been there!..Add it again? lmao
I have to agree with Damon on this one (did I say that out loud?). I too have been on that list forever. Even if a bunch of people say they would buy one, when it comes time to collect money, usually less than half of the people actually follow through. I can understand why they are dragging their feet to build a new waterpump for us.

It would be nice if they told us a definite number of pumps required before they would consider building. Although, the number might just scare people away.

Last edited:
Kurt K said:
I have to agree with Damon on this one (did I say that out loud?). I too have been on that list forever. Even if a bunch of people say they would buy one, when it comes time to collect money, usually less than half of the people actually follow through. I can understand why they are dragging their feet to build a new waterpump for us.

It would be nice if they told us a definite number of pumps required before they would consider building. Although, the number might just scare people away.

I think this might be a new list.

Tyler

Hey Guys, I just want everyone to know what is being said off the forums.
Thanks to Duffy for his good wording on the subject also :D

Read from bottom up:

Tyler, it's possible that we will do the casting and all but at least this will give us an idea.

Just send it to:
Stewart Components
2701 N. 30TH. St.
Escanaba, MI 49829
Attn: Mark Coyne
Thanks!
Jack

----- Original Message -----
To: jackie3@lexcominc.net
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:43 AM
Subject: RE: used pump?

Jack,

I do have a waterpump, and can get one to you provided the address.

It is my understanding that there are casting folks that already make replacement pumps that have already been identifed that are willing to sell their castings to other vendors. I think that you would have a much better time of it trying to sell complete pumps rather than reman versions. In the end it is your decision. I do also understand the money savings standpoint.

Please give me an address that i may ship to.

Thanks for your time and willingness to finally get this thing going,

Tyler Smith

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: smitty1258@msn.com
Subject: used pump?
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 09:11:24 -0400

Hi Tyler, would you be able to possibly get a used 3.8 pump that you could send us? I know this has been done before but we somehow managed to misplace it during our last two moves. What we are really pursuing is the possibility of just machining a better impeller and somewhat tighter tolerances for an upgrade. In other words, the customer would be able to send in their pump for the upgrade vs. Stewart having to make a new casting etc. which would be much cheaper for the customer.
Thanks!
Jack Wilson/Stewart Components

Back