Another Brake question. I'm curious if anybody knows this.

DrewsSC

Ok, so on the 93+ SCs and LXs you can get the 2 piston calipers from Mustang LXs and GTs correct? With that said, I presume that the mounting brackets are also different and need to be replaced. Now, stay with me...if you can use the mustang brakes on our SC's then why wouldn't you be able to use a brake-upgrade for mustang GTs from say...oh, BREMBO? I checked multiple web-sites (Brembo's hompage wasn't too helpful but Tirerack.com was) and found multiple brake upgrads for the mustang LX and GT. And these were kits from 4-6 piston w/ everything you would need. Now i'm Curious if i'm reaching or I have a valid arguement.

Thanks,
Drew

Anything that will bolt on to a 94 - 04 Mustang as a front brake upgrade will potentially bolt on to a 93 - 97 MN-12 car, other than the different for the wheel stud pattern. Rich Thomson from MN12 Performance has the 2000 Cobra R 4-piston Brembo set on his car. Duane Nettles has a 4-piston setup too, AP Racing maybe? I don't recall for sure.

Caliper clearance to the MN-12 spindle could be an issue with really large 6 or 8-piston aftermarket calipers, but I've never checked into myself.

cheers
Ed N.

I am looking into buying the 6-piston Wilwood kit for 94-04 stangs and putting it on my big block car to slow the thing down for when I autocross and road race it.

Shane

fast Ed said:
Duane Nettles has a 4-piston setup too, AP Racing maybe? I don't recall for sure.

I have the 4-piston AP Racing 2-piece setup. Tony Serno also runs the 4-piston AP Racing setup and he was running those long before I made the switch to them.

Attachments

• sc_shootout_4.jpg
    sc_shootout_4.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 90
Back