Is this possible ???

SuperCoupe007

I have to replace the valve covers on my car, (90 SC 5-speed). Can i remove the TB, Inlet Plenum, Super Charger, Intercooler Tubes, and Intercooler as one piece ????
Reason why i ask, is becausei don't have the collar nut wrench to remove the collar, and it sounds to me like it would be easier if i remove it all as one piece...
Thanks guys...

hey whats up jose,

u should have asked that at the meet today :) the collar nut is easy to remove, u dont need a special tool, just get a wooden block and hit it with a hammer until it comes off. to seal it, use rtv (high temp) and u should be all set...after all, its not rocket science, its an sc :D

although it could probably be possible to do it, you'll might as well disassemble the ic tubes and take out the intercooler for cleaning etc

al

Is this possible

hhhmmm, i wasn't thinking about the process in the morning... But just a couple hours ago, i was thinking if it was possible.... I still wanna take off the InterCooler to clean up and stuff, i just thought it be easier to remove it all, and then take out the IC... without undoing the collar nut.... hey, where can i find that RTV (high temp) stuff. what does the package look like, like color size, etc...
thanks al..

Perma tex or something like that, its basically the orange or red silicone. You can find it at any auto parts store. It would probably be easier to undo the collar nut with the woden block or a big ole screwdriver and hammer, undo the tubes and take out the stuff like that, rather than try to take off the whole thing as a unit.

al

You don't need to touch the collar nut!

Just remove the 2 clamp nuts from the IC, the nut/stud securing the top tube to the alternator bracket, then the 4 nuts from the SC top. Then just take the whole thing out. Then be sure to tape over the SC opening with plastic to keep dirt out of the intake.

Back