Possible trade: 89sc for small truck around South Jersey

Sicklybird

I just want to see what kind of responses I can get with this.

'89 White with manual trans with 143,000+/- miles.

Loaded, dual power seats, pwr moon roof, A/C works good.

The bad: An idiot hit the car in a parking lot right behind the passenger door. I bought some hammers from Pep Boys and did my best to bang it out. It's much better than it was, but a real body man wouldn't have a problem with it. Same spot, other side of car, my dad knocked over my motorcycle in the garage and the brake lever barely caught the car, putting a very small crease just below the trim and above the ground effects. It's not very noticeable at all. I hit a deer, breaking the corner lens and head light bracket. Replaced the bracket and put on clear corners. The hood has a small dent from that. Hit another deer in the same damn spot. Cracked the friggin' bracket again. It wasn't serious, so JB weld fixed it. No other damage was done, amazingly. The power antenna broke half way off when a branch hit it in a storm. I still get good reception. And finally, I just started to hear a noise in the front end. I think it is a bad sway bar bushing.

The good: Headgaskets replaced about 30,000 miles ago, heads reconditioned, injectors properly cleaned, waterpump replaced, solid motor mounts, solid trans mount(not installed), shifter rebuild kit, new brake accumulator, new rear brake pads and rotors, IRS bushings replaced, cam sensor and DIS replaced, new O2 sensor, high flow cats welded into custom downtubes made by a board member, and the passenger side CV boot was just replaced.

I bought the car with 111,000 miles on it, so everything here has less than 32,000 miles on it.

The previous owner said the blower was rebuilt. I don't have proof of it, but it doesn't make any noises and will put out over 12 psi.

I know there seems to be a lot of "bad," but it's mainly cosmetic. Even then, the car still looks pretty good and is clean. The engine runs great. It just passed NEW JERSEY inspection(good till '07).

I'm going to try to get a digital camera within a week or so. I'll post pics when I do.

I'm really attached to the car, but I have to get a truck. I go kayaking, I have a motocross bike and a little boat and I work in building. I just can't do the things I like with a car anymore.

I want a small truck. The brand doesn't really matter. With gas prices, I think I want a 4cyl, but will consider 6s, too. I'd love a 4X4, but will take a 2wd. I want something with decently low miles. I don't want to have to put money in it to get it running good, either. I'd prefer '93 and up models. A "no frills" truck would be great. I can put a *little* money in too for the right truck.

I think that's about it.

EDIT: *might* also consider a small SUV

Last edited:
Back