Question about using stock fan with A/C on

Jeremy_K

My A/C has been deleted for a year now and I have heard if you turn on your A/C, your rad. fan will come on low I think? When I turn on my A/C button the fan doesn't come on at all.Is there something else I need to do so that I can turn on the fan with the A/C controls? :confused: -Jeremy

NMxr7SC said:
My A/C has been deleted for a year now and I have heard if you turn on your A/C, your rad. fan will come on low I think? When I turn on my A/C button the fan doesn't come on at all.Is there something else I need to do so that I can turn on the fan with the A/C controls? :confused: -Jeremy

Short out the A/C pressure switch.

NMxr7SC said:
Jeremy, here is my take on your situation. If you have deleted the a/c you won't have the pressure switch to give a signal to turn on the fan. If you figured out a way to use the signal wire from the now deleted pressure switch all you would have is the fan that ran all the time and didn't turn off. The dash controls would have no effect on the fan turning on or off. I think you'll best be served by using a separate switch wired into the low speed fan wire to the ircm (the famous #14 wire) to manually turn on/off the low speed fan. John

AnnivSpeCpe said:
Jeremy, here is my take on your situation. If you have deleted the a/c you won't have the pressure switch to give a signal to turn on the fan. If you figured out a way to use the signal wire from the now deleted pressure switch all you would have is the fan that ran all the time and didn't turn off. The dash controls would have no effect on the fan turning on or off. I think you'll best be served by using a separate switch wired into the low speed fan wire to the ircm (the famous #14 wire) to manually turn on/off the low speed fan. John
Is the switch attached to the compressor? I still have the A/C wiring and plugs intact.

NMxr7SC said:
Is the switch attached to the compressor? I still have the A/C wiring and plugs intact.

It's on the dryer/accumulator. Just short the switch to simulate pressure.

XR7 Dave said:
It's on the dryer/accumulator. Just short the switch to simulate pressure.
Thanks Dave, I got it. I just jumped the plug with a paper clip and the fan came on. You da man! :)

Back