Cranks to long somtimes???

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Every once in awhile i'll go to start my S/C and it cranks longer than it should then starts.. I never get the upshift light comming on or anyhting like that what could this be so i can fix it before it turns into somthing else? crank sensor? cam sensor? ideas??

Mine does the same thing, im not sure what it is. After i installed my OD pulley though, its starts alot faster, so it might have something to do with the intake of air. Hope this helps a little

Hmmm.. Wonder what it is?? at least im not the only one... It seems alot worse if you leave the a/c on when you shut the car off.

Usally long cranks is the cam sensor. Make sure it is adj. properly, maybe find some one to swap sensors with to see if it improves.

had simialar problem

i just ran across the same problem. i changed cam and crank sensor,,still did it.. then i changed the dis modual,,fixed,,,hope this can help ya

if it does it about 10min to an hour or two after shutting it off the injectors are leaking, especially if black smoke rolls out after it starts

once in a while when mine is hot it cranks a little longer i think it is normal . it does have 230 k miles on it but runs fine , i think it always did it , it could be a leaky injector i dont use injector cleaner very often

Back