Turbo Coupe Question

Specs

I thought they had the same size turbo just more parasitic lost in drive train for auto. anywho, i need technical specs on the turbo so i can plug into my dyno program.

I don't know exactly, but I do know that the 87 & 88 were different than the non-intercooled 86 and earlier cars.

Try http://www.turbotbird.com/ . The automatic turbocoupes were reduced to 155 hp because the automatic transmission was incapable of handling the 190hp output of the manual version, as I remember. These cars can be made pretty fast with amazingly little cash.

Turbo!

thanks for the info, now the question woud be, which can be made faster for less ? the super or turbo coupe ?!

Turbo coupe has a solid rear end. So talking 1/4 mile times, a Turbo couple could probably be modded out cheaper.

Engine is more common and turbo's are much more common that superchargers so lots more used parts and go fast parts for turbo systems.

But if you want to take on a road course, give me that IRS and down low torque any day.

hahaha, u guys are funny! there is a Turbo Coupe forum, lol, i am a member of it. www.TurboFord.com

the 83 through 86 turbo coupes have a gherret T3 . the 87 and 88 is an IHI turbo(smaller and came stock with a intercooler)

aaron

the 87 and 88 had ihi turbos with intercoolers.. they were not as capable up 24 psi boost but the pre years were t3 turbos without intercoolers they cold run more boost but didnt spool up as fast.. hope this helps

Back