rusty gas!?

takotruckin

ok, i pulled my fuel filter off and dumped the gas out of it. out of the inlet side came a bunch of rust red gas and some small clumps. now, i need advice. do i throw a new filter in it, and change it again after this tank of gas, or do i get rid of all this gas and rinse my tank out really good. keep in mind this is in a baja, so the tank is steel, not a plastic bird one.

If it's that bad you'll probably want to drop the tank and flush it or get a new tank. You should probably also flush the lines out. Eastwood used to sell a gas tank restore kit, not sure if they still do or not. If a replacement is readily available I would go that route.

Kevin Varnes said:
If it's that bad you'll probably want to drop the tank and flush it or get a new tank. You should probably also flush the lines out. Eastwood used to sell a gas tank restore kit, not sure if they still do or not. If a replacement is readily available I would go that route.
also you can get the gas tank kit from por 15

btw, the gas coming out of the lines is clean, and i have no idea how old this fuel filter is. i was gonna put a new one on when i got the motor, but never did..

Back