PDA

View Full Version : EEC Tuner Compatibility??

wakinyantanka
10-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Does anyone know how well the eec tuner works with our cars? Is it fully functional with our cars even though the guy at shiftmaster says he does'nt know the data logging files for the SC's?
Any help would be appreciated. :)

Also can anyone still write the calibration files? If so, who?

Thanks

lube70
10-04-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm using it in my 95 SC and getting great results!!!!

I suggest that you contact XR7DAVE here on the boards since he is great at tuning the cars.

The EEC tuner gives versitility of tuning. I would suggest that if you're going to be modding over time, to get the SCT tuning package. Allows you to over time, adjust and re-install a chip with better results than with the EEC tuner. Big difference is the "data logging" that can be done and the Wide band O2 that can be used to tune.

Again, contact "XR7DAVE" on the boards and you will be more than satisfied.

Don

David Neibert
10-04-2005, 12:56 PM
MN12 Performance and a guy named Spiro used to sell the shiftmaster EEC tuner for SCs. I had one that worked okay, but replaced it with a custom Diablo dual channel chip from Apten, and have since replaced that one with a multi program SCT chip from Dave Dalke.

Like Don said...go with the SCT from Dave. Since switching to SCT and having Dave tune it on the dyno and on the street, all my drivability problems and quirks like dead spots in the throttle and stumbling on warm restarts have dissapeared.

David

wakinyantanka
10-04-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm using it in my 95 SC and getting great results!!!!

I suggest that you contact XR7DAVE here on the boards since he is great at tuning the cars.

The EEC tuner gives versitility of tuning. I would suggest that if you're going to be modding over time, to get the SCT tuning package. Allows you to over time, adjust and re-install a chip with better results than with the EEC tuner. Big difference is the "data logging" that can be done and the Wide band O2 that can be used to tune.

Again, contact "XR7DAVE" on the boards and you will be more than satisfied.

Don

Thanks Don,

I have done the following mods on my '89; 42lb injectors, 255 lph pump, 70mm t/b, 73mm c&l maf with the correct sampling tube for 42lb inj., double i/c, raised top, ported inlet plenum & supercharger, headers to 2.5 high flow cats to magnaflow resonator 3" all the way to the rear including 3" imco turbos (sounds sweet), SPEC Stage 2 with B&M Ripper Shifter.

My problem is the car seems "flat" under wide open throttle and it is definetly going lean, the smell from the exhaust tells me that, (20 year Master Tech, have my own shop so I can tell when things are lean). The reason I'm asking about the eec tuner is I need to be able to read the engine sensors all at once so I can determine what I need to fix. I thought the eec tuner would give me that ability. Just wanted to make sure. :D