Beloved M90 in my Stang, now for those Vacuum lines!

rallystang

I've just swapped a m90 into my mustang... I am baffled at the vacuum lines!

Here is a shot of my TB, there is a 'S' shaped hose on the right, where does the lower one hook to? Right now there is a tube from the lower intake return plenum to the top of the 'S'... Is that right? I blocked the extra line in the PCV setup, and hooked the other to the PCV Valve itself.
748622_14.jpg

Heres a shot of some misc hoses on the lower intake return plenum, and a vacuum hose with a "T" and I don't know where to hook the 'T' you see. Edit: hooked up as shown in pic:
748622_15.jpg

So now, just need to know where the lower 'S' hooks to.

Thanks Guys!

And finally an overall pic of the progress...
748622_13.jpg

Last edited:
well its been a long time but i will give it a shot. The first pic is the PCV valve that goes into the passenger side valve cover. the other nipple on the end of that get hooked to the gas evap canester behind the passenger side fender. There is a big solenoid on the firewall the line comming out of that is from the evap canester.

In the second pic the T on the return plenum on line goes over to vacuum tree for booster and HVAC. The other hose on the tee goes to the intake plenum and is called the cross talk tube. If you have a larger TB and MAF you can eliminate this hose.

The drivers side valve cover has a long molded plastic hose that goes accross the motor and into the piping betweent the TB and MAF. And like i said the PCV valve is in the passenger side valve cover.

BKB said:
well its been a long time but i will give it a shot. The first pic is the PCV valve that goes into the passenger side valve cover. the other nipple on the end of that get hooked to the gas evap canester behind the passenger side fender. There is a big solenoid on the firewall the line comming out of that is from the evap canester.

In the second pic the T on the return plenum on line goes over to vacuum tree for booster and HVAC. The other hose on the tee goes to the intake plenum and is called the cross talk tube. If you have a larger TB and MAF you can eliminate this hose.

The drivers side valve cover has a long molded plastic hose that goes accross the motor and into the piping betweent the TB and MAF. And like i said the PCV valve is in the passenger side valve cover.

Thx, I was hoping you'd chime in! I got the PCV hooked up, I didn't run to the evap cannister though, just plugged it up, will this cause problems(If it will, I need to know if I hook up this line before or after the CANP solenoid)? I have the lines hooked up as you say. The 'Crosstalk Tube' goes to an 'S' on my TB, there is a Tee on the 'S' that goes into the TB, there is another end of the 'S' that is currently open, where does it go?(pic 1 far right).

And finally, EGR stuff, the EVR solenoid(has two vacuum lines that went to the mustang plenum) I'm guessing they regulate when the EGR is opened, what do I do with those vacuum lines and the sensor? And the PDFE, has two lines that run to the plugged EGR Tube, can I plug those two lines at the EGR Tube? Need to connect them? I'd like to get rid of all that crap, but don't know if the Computer needs it. Can my tuner shut the sensors off? Do they need to be there, plugged in electrically, but not mechanically? Thanks BKB!

Last edited:
Back