View Full Version : Question for Pro Street Rich

10-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Rich, I relocated my battery to the trunk. I hooked up the alternator wire like you said in this thread:http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38407&highlight=battery+relocation. I ran a 8 gauge wire from the alternator fusible link wire (which is like a 12 gauge) with a inline fuse. I hooked it all up and it works fine to kill the entire car with my switch. The problem is that the 30Amp buss fuses keep popping and the wires are getting very hot. Could this be because of the big cable being connected to the small fuse link cable? I have a bunch of 12 gauge wire that I can run. Do you think that would solve the problem? :confused: -Jeremy

10-04-2005, 07:31 PM
:o Well, I think I fixed my problem. I think the 30Amp fuse was causing blockage. I don't know how they lasted so long before they popped! I wired the 8 gauge power wire right to the 12 or 10 gauge fusible link with no other inline fuse. It works fine. The fusible link gets warm now but the power cable stays cool. Hopefully this setup will work OK. I would like to have a backup fuse of some sort if anyone has any ideas for the switch end of the cable. This is my first time messing with a battery relocation and my electric knowledge is limited. I just don't want to fry anything before the shootout.