Battery went dead

91ScDrIvEr

Ok i finally have my SC in my grasp! BUT the key pad on the side didnt work so i looked into the fuse box and noticed that the fuse was out. I put the fuse in and every thing worked great. Come today i went out to start the car and the battery was dead. WELL it seems the reason why he took the fuse out is that the interior lights stay on, even tho the switch is off and the buttons on the lights are off as well. Now the stock radio wont work. has any one had this problem? and is there a fix?

One of the simpler causes is that the door button gets stuck or fails and the lights don't go out when the door closes.

Joisey Jim said:
One of the simpler causes is that the door button gets stuck or fails and the lights don't go out when the door closes.
How can you tell that button fails???
I have the same problem with my car (one of the problems, I should say :( ) and I checked both sides, buttons are not stuck. I pressed them closed and hold them for 15 sec - lights wouldn't go out...

when my battery went dead it was the small ground wire from battery to fender , my cooling fan would kick on at anytime when it was off and cold , i just ran an extra wire to the fender it was fixed

Last edited:
There are three ways (that I can think of) for the interior lights to remain on in a car with stock wiring:-
1) The Illuminated Entry Timer or Keyless Entry Module. Unplug the module to check if it's keeping the interior lights on. Your car will have one of these modules but not both, or possibly neither. They are located in the trunk on the left side behind the carpet. The Illuminated Entry Timer is directly below the fuel cutoff switch while the Keyless Entry Module is mounted on the rear side of the black vertical module panel.
2) The headlight switch. To turn off the interior lights, rotate the knob clockwise all the way until it clicks. The switch may be bad, in which case you will need to unplug it to be sure that it's not keeping the interior lights on.
3) The door switches located on the door frames between the hinges. If (1) or (2) don't fix the problem, then you'll have to disconnect the switches to make sure that the contacts are not closed.
As I mentioned earlier, this applies to a car that hasn't had any modifications to the wiring.

That's right, J.D. You are the man. That's the switch, that makes all the problems...

Back