Rebuilt Engine?

jamhow

I was going down the highway this weekend and right by the Ford (found on roadside dead!) dealer I see my 92 SC a family member had been driving sitting on the roadside dead. I rolled it into the dealers lot and today I get the call--broken crank. Ford says they will put in a rebuilt engine (not the supercharger though-they will use mine) with a three year, 36,000 warranty for around $4000 installed. The car has 180,000 with 90k on a transmission rebuild. Body is good and since I have owned it for the past 80k it has been realitively trouble free. Is it worth it to fix the thing or should I part it out? I love the car and I could buy a used car that is no nearly as much fun for that kind of money and have no warranty at all and not near the hp. Just looking for advice or alternatives. I am no mechanic.

This all depends on how well you like or enjoy your car. Where are you? There may be someone near you to help out. The dealer is going to charge you several arms and legs for the major surgery to be performed. There are many people on this site that can point you in the right direction. I wouldn't sell it or part it out, but I work on cars on a regular basis. Rob

jamhow said:
I was going down the highway this weekend and right by the Ford (found on roadside dead!) dealer I see my 92 SC a family member had been driving sitting on the roadside dead. I rolled it into the dealers lot and today I get the call--broken crank. Ford says they will put in a rebuilt engine (not the supercharger though-they will use mine) with a three year, 36,000 warranty for around $4000 installed. The car has 180,000 with 90k on a transmission rebuild. Body is good and since I have owned it for the past 80k it has been realitively trouble free. Is it worth it to fix the thing or should I part it out? I love the car and I could buy a used car that is no nearly as much fun for that kind of money and have no warranty at all and not near the hp. Just looking for advice or alternatives. I am no mechanic.

Call victor at spinning wheels and he will get you a great price on a rebuilt engine

Ken

kenewagner said:
Call victor at spinning wheels and he will get you a great price on a rebuilt engine Ken
:rolleyes: ~"Yeah ..... then what? Is an engine like a fresh battery? All ys gotta do is slap it in? You made it sound like ordering a Pizza! I don't know how many times I asked a shop to install something I got a great deal on, and they told me to take a hike. This is my greatest fear ....... something breaks, and it costs a bazillion dollars to fix, and ONLY a Dealer wants to fix it. Good Luck my friend" :eek:

Back