Side markers

ThunderDave

My 91 SC didn't come with the side markers (cornering lamps) that are located on the side in the front bumper cover. I've read that the inside of the cover is marked where it could be cut to install the lights.

Is there a plug for them coming off the wiring harness that goes to the signal lights? I'm sure someone must have added them to their SC before. Any help would be great. Thanks.

There should be an unused two-wire connector at each front fender approximately 6" above the cornering lamps location.

J.D. said:
There should be an unused two-wire connector at each front fender approximately 6" above the cornering lamps location.

Ok, I'm looking at the wiring. I'm looking at where to cut the bumper cover and I'm looking at the light assembly. I have a black mounting bracket and a lense assembly. How does this go together and fit in the bumper cover? :confused: Any info or pics (pics would be great) would be very appreciated.

Is there supposed to be a trim piece on the outside of the bumper cover? I must be missing that. I need to get some soon or I'll look funny riding around with the holes cut for the lights.

There are 3 pieces of hardware per side. The Trim bezel that goes around and through the hole in the bumper, a bracket that holds the bezel to the bumper, and the light then bolts to the bracket. Oh and of course the wiring harness for each side.
Hope this helps.

Bryan

The pictures show both ends of the driver's side lamp. The two nuts hold the yellow lamp housing to the black bracket that's between the lamp housing and the bumper cover. There are two more nuts hidden behind these two nuts. I assume that they hold together the black bracket and the black bezel that's on the outside of the bumper. The second pair of nuts are not on the same studs as the first pair but are slightly (approx. 3/4") nearer towards the middle of the lamp.

Attachments

• P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 58
  • P2.jpg
    P2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 51
I'm short the trim bezel then. Might be fun locating those. I'm sure most are sold with the bumpers they are in unless the bumper cover is bad.

Back