HG Concerns

90coug

So I'm almost to the point where I want to tear back into my engine. My question is, if I can turn the fan on and the engine temperature goes down to the N on 'NORM' but with the fan off it goes up to the M on 'NORM'. If I can cool the engine like this is it safe to say that my head gaskets are OK? These are fresh Felpro HG. Original radiator and water pump, replaced the coolant sensors, one for gauge and the other for computer. The car runs awesome and there is no sign of smoke in the back or leaking coolant. It just seems as though the car should run a bit cooler than it does with the fan off, I shouldn't have to run it all day right? Plus if I keep the fan on at all times will the computer stay in an open loop mode since it's staying cooler? I've noticed that theres a bit of a buldge on the bottom radiator hose where it meets at the water pump, would that indicate that the system is clogged or just a hose wearing out on me.

Thanks again

let the fan run all the time.. what's the big deal.. running at M is not the best of ideas,,, and change that hose .. it's old and weak,,,,,, much like me :p

I am running the fan all the time, the hose does need replacement. My main question is, if I can run the fan and keep the car cool does this mean that the head gaskets are ok?

-Bryce

Back