90 xr7 glowing red drivers cat

mazdaman6565

:confused: I just finished putting head gaskets on my car and now it wont idle, misses and the drivers cat is glowing hot red. is it running rich. the manifold isn't that hot and I have triple checked the plugs and wires. I need help bad. I just put on a 10% pulley mark 8 maf ported blower taylor wires and new plugs. please help.

That happened to me once, my car ran horrible, and popped the hood and the exhaust was glowing red hot, turns out, the intake hose that goes from the air box to the TB had some how came off, there fore the MAF sensor wasnt working at all. Try to put on you old MAF sensor and see if that helps any.....

Derek

Antifreeze in the converter could have damaged it. Or it simply could be plugged which lead to your head gasket failure. Get that fixed before you run that motor much.

cats

now it will hardly run unless you are holding the throttle and it is always popping out of the drivers exhaust very loudly. you have the bump the throttle to get it started. I tried the stock maf and still doing it. the head gasket was blown on the pass side. (I am only running the down tubes and cats, temp untill I can get to the exhaust shop.)

mazdaman6565 said:
now it will hardly run unless you are holding the throttle and it is always popping out of the drivers exhaust very loudly. you have the bump the throttle to get it started. I tried the stock maf and still doing it. the head gasket was blown on the pass side. (I am only running the down tubes and cats, temp untill I can get to the exhaust shop.)

I think you are running rich on the drivers bank and fuel is burning inside the CAT. I would do a fuel pressure leak down test. You may have a bad injector that is dumping fuel.

Back