Factory Amplifier Wiring Schematic

SuperCB

Long story short, my fuse block has melted and taken out a few circuits. I have to do a temporary fix until I can get a new fuse block. I have everything working, except the factory amp, power seat, door locks, cigarette lighter. Are all these on the same circuit? All I really am concerned with is getting power to the amp. I am getting power to the deck. From the searches I have done, it appears that it might be powered off the "seat/lock" circuit. Is this correct? Anybody have a schematic showing what wires I am looking for?

Driving for over 2 weeks without tunes is killing me! :)

SuperCB said:
Long story short, my fuse block has melted and taken out a few circuits. I have to do a temporary fix until I can get a new fuse block. I have everything working, except the factory amp, power seat, door locks, cigarette lighter. Are all these on the same circuit? All I really am concerned with is getting power to the amp. I am getting power to the deck. From the searches I have done, it appears that it might be powered off the "seat/lock" circuit. Is this correct? Anybody have a schematic showing what wires I am looking for?

Driving for over 2 weeks without tunes is killing me! :)

Chris
See if these two pics help you. They are from my 1990 EVTM. The wiring pic shows the premium sound. If you have the JBL system, the power feed is the same, it just goes to the subwoofer amp first.
Hope this helps
Take Care
dbd

Attachments

• how the circuit works.jpg
    how the circuit works.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 104
  • radio wiring (1142 x 838).jpg
    radio wiring (1142 x 838).jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 150
dbd said:
Chris
See if these two pics help you. They are from my 1990 EVTM. The wiring pic shows the premium sound. If you have the JBL system, the power feed is the same, it just goes to the subwoofer amp first.
Hope this helps
Take Care
dbd

dbd, thanks for the pics; will definatley keep them for reference. I just found out that the 30 amp "Fuse Panel" fuse under the hood was blown. Replaced that and the (under dash) fuse block my buddy found me and all is well.........for now. :D

tbirdsc35th said:
Hi, Chris.

I don't know but maybe these will help you also.
All my best.

http://www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org/Radio/RadioRelatedPages.htm

Thanks Lance. I had looked at that page. Funny thing, now that the problem is fixed, I look at these schematics and realize that I totally missed seeing the "fuse panel" fuse. I figured it was a wiring problem under dash fuse panel, so mentally I isolated myself to that area. Good thing I don't do this for a living. :D

Back