In Need of Motor Swap advice

ZeroRain

well im swapping the motor and manual trans from my 89 SC over to my 96LX. what i need help with is im not sure of the wires that need to be cut and swapped. if i cant get any help with this i think its going to result in my swapping all the wiring in the two cars.

ur not gonna need any extra wires... but u are gonna need the center console which is gonna be a big pain in the ~~~ to find... especially 5 speed... ur also gonna need a 5 speed computer as ur 96 comes with AOD-E the electronic transmission...

will the 5spd comp i have in my parts 89 work? i know about the center trim deal. but my main question is i need to talk to someone who has done it because im in the dark on what i should cut and splice and all that

I would swap the entire engine bay wiring harness. That is most of the wiring for the engine, fuse box, and includes the EEC, after that it should plug up to the dash wiring harness on the driver's side. An electrical troubleshooting manual would be helpful in your case, the 96 dash should support most of your essential gauges.
- Dan

well i was looking and if im not mistaken alot of my wires are diffrent and i will need to take the wires from the bay into the eec and from there what should i do

Get an EVTM for both years of vehicle that you are swapping to and from. Do as suggested and swap as much from the donor car that you can. You should be able to swap the engine harness and EEC in without too much problem.

Back