89 SC rebuild

quicktbird

Hi Guys,

Just bought an 89 for 500 clams. Engine is coming out probably next week. I have put in a call to Jegs for a "rebuild kit". No dice, have to piece it out. I can get the parts, but I figure that I would ask here first for sug. Staying with stock pistons and honing the block. Rec. bearings and gaskets? Thanks

Did you say reconditioned berings!!! NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO you never go with used but in new shape berings. always go with new. in my mustang i went with clevette77 berings with stockcar grade rings from wisco, made to hold up alot of power if you know what i mean? and when i say dont over torque the ford bering caps cus ford sucks with bottom ends. it will wipe every thing out if your not right on spec. i have been building ford motors my hole life (5.0), but i herd that the sc motor is the 5.0 motor minus the 2 cylinders and wile your doing the block go with new freez out plugs. there real cheap, but in the end you will regret it if you dont replace them. if one of those pop specially in the winter by by motor ,but any ways i cant wait till i pull my 91 sc motor. i wanna bring the hp up on that like nuts, by next season i want to be running in the 12 second area. i want to be part of the 100mph club

Back