Need lots of help fast!

OneFastBird

I know that it's a little bit long but I realy need some help. I've been having trouble with my car for long time now. I went and had my car put on a computer and the codes said that my TPS was reading too high and too low. So I replaced the TPS and it didn't help. I've replaced my fuel pump and fuel filter. I've replaced my camshaft and crankshaft sensors. None of this ever helped. I've also put on a bunch of bolt-ons(mafs, intake, t-body, inlet, and sc. When I put on my 85mm t-body everything misses twice as bad, everytime that I put the new t-body on it will start right up and go out the road like it always did, but everytime I go to start it up after that it won't start, but if I unplug the TPS it will start up and I'll plug the TPS back in and it will run(but it still won't run right). I just relpaced another TPS today and it still didn't fix nothing. When I first start it up the throttle response is all messed up, once it gets warmed up the throttle reponse is alot better but it still misses.

My car misses all the time but not too bad, and sometimes it will just totally miss to where it won't tack any higher(only when I give it a little bit of gas. I hope that you guys can help me. THANK YOU

First of all don't keep replacing the TPS. They offen need adjustment especially if you've put another throttle body on the car. Go to the TCCOA web site and you'll find some directions on tuning your TPS - basically you enlarge (slot) the screw holes so the body of the TPS can be rotated. Using a volt meter you can then set the base idle, which I recall should be about .98/99v. Try that first to see if the CEL goes away and the driveability improves.

Since I've posted the ?'s on my car I put the stock mafs, intake, and t-body back on. It will now start up everytime, about the only thing that is wrong with it now is a loss of power, but it is running alot better then what it was. Any other suggestions since it is still missing with all the stock bolt-ons back on. Thank you, I will go to the tccoa and check that out though!

I hate to see you put all the stock parts back - I know that these cars can be very frustrating to diagnose. If the only CEL you are getting relates to the TPS being out of range, that kinda rules out the cam sensor & DIS module. So I would thoroughly check out your plugs & wires - a fine hair crack in one of the plug insulators could easily cause a small miss or uneven idle once the car has warmed up.

Back