Should I Switch Between ARC to NON-ARC?

darkstar_one

Hey,

Well seeing as how my suspension is shot.. I really cant afford the ARC shocks at the moment... especially with a price of 100 bucks per shock... i am thinking of putting conventional gas filled shocks.... has anybody done this... this is just until i can get my hands on some OEM ARC shocks... basically save up my money... just for now... thanks again...

i use KYB GR-2's very cheap and i think are just as firm as ARC's on firm. i like them, and i would get them again once these wear out

I put in standard gas shocks in mine when I lowered it. I just unplugged and removed the actuators. Now I have to keep the firm switch on or the think flashes the light. But I think once I take the tray out of my trunk and relocate the brake computer and remove the suspension one that should do the trick. I want to use the firm ride switch to power a nitrous system. It would be neat if the light in the dash still worked with the switch but not flashed all the time, then I would know when the system has power or not.

As for ride, I can't compare it cuz I also changed the springs to eibachs. I like it, and now its always predictable where as before it wasn't. I hated that how it'd change back and forth all the time, kind of annoying for me. I like to know how my car is going to handle 100% of the time so I get a feel for it.

Scott Long said:
I put in standard gas shocks in mine when I lowered it. I just unplugged and removed the actuators. Now I have to keep the firm switch on or the think flashes the light. But I think once I take the tray out of my trunk and relocate the brake computer and remove the suspension one that should do the trick. I want to use the firm ride switch to power a nitrous system. It would be neat if the light in the dash still worked with the switch but not flashed all the time, then I would know when the system has power or not.

As for ride, I can't compare it cuz I also changed the springs to eibachs. I like it, and now its always predictable where as before it wasn't. I hated that how it'd change back and forth all the time, kind of annoying for me. I like to know how my car is going to handle 100% of the time so I get a feel for it.
yea i forgot to mention the blinking light so i just leave it on firm so it doesnt blink

Back