PDA

View Full Version : Life is too short....

dirtybird91
10-12-2005, 07:57 AM
My Grandfather was a minister for 65 years. He just died less than an hour ago. He was 93. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I had no father growing up, so he was the substitute dad.
Frank :)

V8Supercoupe
10-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Sucks DB. Hope all goes as well as it can.

Skip

quick35th
10-12-2005, 08:29 AM
I am sorry to hear this Frank :(. I wish you and your family the best of luck man.

Shane

007_SuperCoupe
10-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Hearts and prayers go out to you, Frank. I know that I'll be keeping you in them. You know that if you need anything to just ask.

SeanMatteson
10-12-2005, 08:46 AM
My condolences, Frank. I hope you and your family can find the strength to get through this tough time. We'll have you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,

Sean

dirtybird91
10-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Support from you guys means more from me than I think you seriously know. That was my Dad and he is gone. I am going to be a soldier about it. You guys are my family when I come around here and I feel at home. Recently bought a new mustang, but I hate those forums. I feel like a lost puppy unless i'm right here. I won't be around for a week or so, but I really appreciate everything.
:cool: Frank

mannysc
10-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Frank Im so sorry to hear about your loss sounds like a man to admire.

sometimes the best dad is the one who steps in when the other is gone,
you turned out pretty damn good.

he did a great JOB YOU ARE HIS PROOF.
though you will miss him he is in a better place than you and I,
Ill pray for him and for your pain to be short remember the good times with him . he lives on thru your heart.

I never met him but thru your post about him his spirit lives in me now ,

he has been presented to me so now his life lives on here and at home ,

everyone he met or that hears of him is blessed with his life and love and your love is in your post of his leaving and the love he so deeply impressed into your heart.

once again sorry but thanks for spreading the love of him and his sucsess in raising you to be the man you are.

in my prayers Frank always.even if you dont know it Manny De Anda

BirdofPrey97
10-12-2005, 09:54 AM
You will be in our prayers.

Quik95SC
10-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Frank,
I'm sure God will bless you and keep you in these tough times ahead for you. I'm sure God does not give us things we can not handle, so hang in there and lean on your family and friends, they need you as well.

Take Care and God bless.

Smitty

XR7inWI
10-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Loosing a loved one is always a very tough thing to get through. I commend you for "being a soldier" through this but don't forget to let it out and allow yourself to greive. I lost my mother to Cancer 2 years ago in July and less than 10 months before that was my Grandmother (Mom's Mom) also to cancer. My oldest Brother had the hardest time with the passing of our Mom. He held it all in and tried to be the strong one and wouldn't allow himself to cry. Finally my other brother and I sat him down and made him talk about it untill we all ended up breaking down and crying. That was the best thing in the world for the oldest brother. He thanked us afterwards for making him let it out and said he felt 100 times better. After that the 3 of us sat down with a fridge full of beer and brother with his guitar and had an all night beer drinkin, guitar playin/singin session, just like we used to do with Mom when she was still with us.

In short.... just remember it is OK to show your emotions. "Real men" DO cry. But also don't forget to remember the good times do something with friends or family members that you would have done with your grandfather to honor and remember his greatness.

You are definately in my prayers and hope all goes as well as can be expected for you in this sorrowful time. We are all here for you. If you need anything or just need someone to chat with, let us know.

Tracy

SCrazy
10-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Real sorry to hear of your lose.....my deepest condolenses.

AnnivSpeCpe
10-12-2005, 01:22 PM
Frank, Please be comforted by my and others' thoughts and prayers in your grief. Mere words seem so empty but we're here for you if needed. What a wonderful legacy your grandfather left. What better testimony of a life well lived than to have it continue to live on in you. John

dirtybird91
10-17-2005, 08:48 AM
Frank, Please be comforted by my and others' thoughts and prayers in your grief. Mere words seem so empty but we're here for you if needed. What a wonderful legacy your grandfather left. What better testimony of a life well lived than to have it continue to live on in you. John
Very well said and appreciated John! :)
Thank you all! :cool:

dirtybird91
10-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Loosing a loved one is always a very tough thing to get through. I commend you for "being a soldier" through this but don't forget to let it out and allow yourself to greive. I lost my mother to Cancer 2 years ago in July and less than 10 months before that was my Grandmother (Mom's Mom) also to cancer. My oldest Brother had the hardest time with the passing of our Mom. He held it all in and tried to be the strong one and wouldn't allow himself to cry. Finally my other brother and I sat him down and made him talk about it untill we all ended up breaking down and crying. That was the best thing in the world for the oldest brother. He thanked us afterwards for making him let it out and said he felt 100 times better. After that the 3 of us sat down with a fridge full of beer and brother with his guitar and had an all night beer drinkin, guitar playin/singin session, just like we used to do with Mom when she was still with us.

In short.... just remember it is OK to show your emotions. "Real men" DO cry. But also don't forget to remember the good times do something with friends or family members that you would have done with your grandfather to honor and remember his greatness.

You are definately in my prayers and hope all goes as well as can be expected for you in this sorrowful time. We are all here for you. If you need anything or just need someone to chat with, let us know.

Tracy

It was a true blessing to read all the posts you guys left me. :cool:

TbirdSCFan
10-17-2005, 11:14 AM
My Grandfather was a minister for 65 years. He just died less than an hour ago. He was 93. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I had no father growing up, so he was the substitute dad.
Frank :)Sorry to hear about it.. But... 93 is a pretty darn good run. You should be happy for that. :)

dirtybird91
10-18-2005, 07:40 AM
Sorry to hear about it.. But... 93 is a pretty darn good run. You should be happy for that. :)

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D You are right! I am really proud of my Grandpa! He did pretty darn good huh! He raised 11 children of his own, three or four brothers and sisters, helped raise 9 grandchildren, worked in the coal mines, and ministered over 60 years and built a few churches.
People that knew him are bummed out like me, but I would not have wanted him to live and suffer any longer.
Ninety-three years was indeed a great feat for a man like that. :cool:
:) :D

19TbirdSC91
10-18-2005, 08:08 AM
sorry to hear about that man, i lost my grandma a lil while ago, she was like a mom to me, and its real tough, hang in there!!

dirtybird91
10-18-2005, 09:03 AM
i lost my grandma a lil while ago, she was like a mom to me

Nuff said! You know EXACTLY how I feel. Thanks man! :cool:

Andy 94SC
10-18-2005, 09:20 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D You are right! I am really proud of my Grandpa! He did pretty darn good huh! He raised 11 children of his own, three or four brothers and sisters, helped raise 9 grandchildren, worked in the coal mines, and ministered over 60 years and built a few churches.
People that knew him are bummed out like me, but I would not have wanted him to live and suffer any longer.
Ninety-three years was indeed a great feat for a man like that. :cool:
:) :D

Sounds like a pretty full life, and he left this place better than he found it. It's really sad to see someone like that go.

19TbirdSC91
10-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Nuff said! You know EXACTLY how I feel. Thanks man! :cool:

no problem man, like i said, hang in there...sounds like he lived his life the right way

White Lightning
10-19-2005, 02:27 PM
He's with THE FATHER now. What more needs to be said! my condolencses, from the other Frank.

dirtybird91
10-20-2005, 09:35 AM
He's with THE FATHER now. What more needs to be said! my condolencses, from the other Frank.
Thanks Frank :cool:

White Lightning
10-20-2005, 10:23 PM
He has a place for us all, just keep the faith! Frank.