Who sells 5% jackshaft pulley's?

Shockwave

Who all makes these pulley's and or sells them? Also, I run a 76mm idler pulley and a stock 89 SC pulley. What length belt would I need?

Shockwave said:
Who all makes these pulley's and or sells them? Also, I run a 76mm idler pulley and a stock 89 SC pulley. What length belt would I need?

sorry to go off-topic, but would it be a better route to go with a 5% jackshaft (which i imagine is the crank pulley?) over just a 5% blower pulley?

Blown 91 Bird said:
sorry to go off-topic, but would it be a better route to go with a 5% jackshaft (which i imagine is the crank pulley?) over just a 5% blower pulley?

There are a few places that make the pulleys such as BTM(bluetongue motorsports) and others that are in our discount page. As for which would be better, for only 5% there isnt much difference, its when the guys start overdriving by 10%+ on the sc that there will tend to be some belt slippage. Alot of people will go with 5% on the sc and 5% on the jackshaft. Most of the aftermarket pulleys are aluminum. BTW i have a 5% overdrive and the stock length belt worked fine, although im not to familiar with the idler pulley sizes...im guessin that the 76mm is stock?

5% Blower Pullies - BTM and SCP come to mind right away. I'm pretty sure that Ryan/SCI has them as well.

5% Jackshaft - I'm not sure if BTM has any, but I know SCP and Ryan/SCI has them.

I'd lean towards a lightweight 5% OD JS pulley. Get some weight savings plus overdrive the blower at the same time. But that's just my opinion.....

-Melon

The stock SC belt tension idler pulley is 70mm. I have replaced all my idler pulleys with 76mm replacements. This makes the stock belt fit very tight with the stock SC pulley. With a 10% OD SC pulley the belt goes on easy and still keeps it from slipping.

Right now I have the stock pulley on the blower and would like to try a 5% OD jackshaft pulley. I have read on here before that 94-95 SCs came with a longer belt k080393 than the early SCs. Is this belt available anymore? It's only a 1/10 of an inch longer than the k080392 which is 39.2 inches long. I can't find any 8 rib belts longer than 392.

I had a 10% jackshaft pulley and there was no way I could get a stock 8 rib belt to work with the stock SC pulley. It was recommended that I use two 4 ribs to make it work.

Can a 8 rib pulley work with a 5% Jackshaft pulley, 76mm idler and stock 89 SC pulley? Anybody running a 5% jackshaft pulley and stock SC pulley?

Anybody have any pricing or contact info for Ryan/SCI?

Anybody make the SC idler in 70mm?

Jerry

Btm?

SCMakeiv said:
There are a few places that make the pulleys such as BTM(bluetongue motorsports)
Does BTM actually MAKE anything, or does he just mark up other companies stuff?

68COUGAR

Jerry, of the SCI and SCP 5% jackshaft pulleys, I believe SCP overdrives by reducing the crank side of the pulley and SCI overdrives by increasing the SC side of the jackshaft pulley. I running a similar setup that you are wanting to run. I have a 5% js, and a 5% SC to go with a bigger tensioner (Heartland). It is a "tight" fit, but I don't know if it would fit with a stock 89 SC pulley.

Kurt K said:
Jerry, of the SCI and SCP 5% jackshaft pulleys, I believe SCP overdrives by reducing the crank side of the pulley and SCI overdrives by increasing the SC side of the jackshaft pulley. I running a similar setup that you are wanting to run. I have a 5% js, and a 5% SC to go with a bigger tensioner (Heartland). It is a "tight" fit, but I don't know if it would fit with a stock 89 SC pulley.

Kurt which brand of 5% jackshaft are you running? I would think the heartland idler is a 76mm. I don't think there are any 70mm aftermarket idlers.

Well right now I am running a self ported early model blower and inlet. I was curious about how the car would perform with the stock pulley that is why it's on there. Next year I may go MPII inlet and blower. I am thinking a 5% OD on that combo with my stock heads and cam. So instead of buying a 5% SC pulley why not do a jackshaft instead. In the meantime I can bolt on a 5% jackshaft pulley in 15 minutes.

Jerry

I allways run a 10% blower pulley,and a over-under drive crank pulley.
Then it depends what I am doing with my car.I have a Ryan H. stock,
5% & 10% over drive jackshaft pullies I can swap around when needed.
I never have belt slippage with the same belts being use for all pulley combinations,so far.

Thanks Randy.

Shockwave said:
Kurt which brand of 5% jackshaft are you running? I would think the heartland idler is a 76mm. I don't think there are any 70mm aftermarket idlers.

Jerry

Hmm, guess I could have mentioned that earlier. I'm running a SCI (Ryan Harris) 5% js pulley.

Belts are available in 390, 392, 393, and 400 lengths. Stock is 393. With large pulleys (like a 76 idler with an SCI 5% and stock blower pulley) you should probably run the 400. For situations where you run smaller pulleys then the stock belt usually works fine. Excessive tension may be tough on the snout bearings. The 390 is usually used only when the idler is stock and a 10% blower pulley is used.

Be carefull if you get aluminum blower pulleys and plan on swapping them. They often do not come off without damage.

XR7 Dave said:
Belts are available in 390, 392, 393, and 400 lengths. Stock is 393. With large pulleys (like a 76 idler with an SCI 5% and stock blower pulley) you should probably run the 400. For situations where you run smaller pulleys then the stock belt usually works fine. Excessive tension may be tough on the snout bearings. The 390 is usually used only when the idler is stock and a 10% blower pulley is used.

Be carefull if you get aluminum blower pulleys and plan on swapping them. They often do not come off without damage.

Thanks for all the info. Okay I'll get a Ryan SCI 5% and a 400 belt.

Back