Aaahhh, Cracked oil pan

livn

My sister drove my car and didnt realize how low it was, bottomed out at high speeds and now i have a cracked oil pan parrallel to the direction of the plug. need help quickly and how can i fix this problem temporarily and permanently.
thanks

Hick Trick

Drain all of the oil out of the pan, really good.

Spray the crack with brake cleaner to clean it really good.

I'm assuming this is a hairline crack and not a chunk missing out of the pan?

Once it dries (an there isn't oil continuing to seep out of the crack) get some "JB weld" or "PC-7" from you local hardware store, mix it up as per the instructions and spread it over and around the crack, press it in there really good. Let it cure over night or whatever the instructions tell you. Once it is cured, fill the crankcase with oil and start her up.

It should last you a little while, sometimes even permanently. But if not, you'll have to re-weld or reaplce the pan. The pan is cast aluminum. So make sure if you re-weld it that you use a MIG welder with an aluminum spool.

Dude...

You were just quicker to the "respond to post" button than I was....

Goddamn it, if I only had the Nitto extreme drag gloves, I'd be able to hook up on my mouse button! :)

When I worked at the dealership, one guy called me "Joey Peels, spins his wheels". :)

thanks guys, im gonna have it welded but i never though of JB weld as a temporary solution

Back