PDA

View Full Version : low fluid, and supercharger belt q?

10-13-2005, 08:44 AM
1.What is the best supercharger belt i should get? Is the gator back belt the one I should get? I plan in trying to get it today before I hit the track.

2. Last night i was out in my car, starting it, getting ready to go to the track tonight, when i noticed the coolant was a little low, so I filled it back up, and grabbed the uper raditor hose. And guess what?!??! NO FLUID UP THERE. I let it run for about 10 mins, and agian, there was very low low fluid in that upper hose, now it was pretty darn cold last night, id say maybe *60 degrees. So was it like that because the thermostat didnt open up, because it wasnt warm enough to do so? The temp gauge was fine.

Thanks,
Tyler

lube70
10-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Gatorback belts are VERY GOOD.....

I suggest running it for the blower belt since it will help the slipping issue.

Coolant levels do not change with weather. It will change as the engine gets hot due to thermal expansion of the fluid (very hot). The low fluid is probably due to a small radiator or housing leak. You should re-fill the radiator and run the car. See if in the overfill resevior, if the coolant looks like it's boiling. If so, could be head gasket issue.

Hope this helps.

Don

10-13-2005, 12:26 PM
well i know the rad has a slight leak in it. But i thought it was odd that there was no coolant in that top hose is all.

Tyler

S_Mazza
10-13-2005, 04:39 PM
The top hose will stay empty until the engine reaches operating temperature, then fill in a rush. It sounds like your car is working ok.

10-14-2005, 07:42 AM
great, i thought thats how it worked, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks agian guys

Tyler