Really bad squeak from passenger door

sizemoremk

Really bad squeak from passenger door....

Since I have gotten the car back on the road, there is a newly develped squeak in the pass door; when my ole lady pulls the handle to "snug-up" the door a bit, the squeak stops?

I know some of the door weather stripping has come off, but no more than it was before I did work to the car???

Any ideas?

I'll obviously I'll be looking for a new door seal, but I dont; thin it is the real issue...

This door does not sag by the way.... close really easily, etc etc...

Thanks guys!

J.D. said:
Will it stop when your ole lady pushes on the window glass?

I dunno, I'll tell her to git in thur' and check'r out!

Ya'll reckon it might be the winder? Perhaps the track?

That window has acutally been in the closed position for over 6 months now, the clips had come off so I just never roleld it down... I couldn't find a glue to hold it in yet.

Its been on the list to get new clips form the glass shop, just been busy...

Maybe somebody tried to roll the window down again, and things got outta wack???

It didn't do it before though and that windows been up quite a while.

Thanks!

You might have a worn hinge. Even though the door closes easily.
What can happen when it wears, is that when you close the door, the door can wiggle around because the hinge is loose.
Lift up the door when its open and check for play.

White Spray Grease

Try some white lithium spray grease. Spray it anywhere you think the squeak might be coming from. Worked for me.

68COUGAR

You can use gorillia glue to glue your window to the plastic clips. Did mine a year ago and works fine.

Tcian said:
You can use gorillia glue to glue your window to the plastic clips. Did mine a year ago and works fine.

I only recently discovered gorilla glue, but I'll try it when I get new clips.

That has been some good stuff for me!

Thanks!

Back