mechanical oil press. guage install ?'s...

Blown 91 Bird

ok, im tired of watching my stock oil guage read different every day, so i bought a mechanical guage for it and have a question.

Will i be able to actually get to the stock sending unit without having to take the front of the motor apart so i can take it off? If not, what exactly needs to come off so i can take the sending unit off and run the line for the real gauge.

:confused:

I just put a t-fitting into mine. I don't think you will need to remove the left acc. bracket, but it might just be easier. I had the IC/tubes out of mine when I did it, but left the bracket on. Also had a lift too.

T-bird4vr said:
I just put a t-fitting into mine. I don't think you will need to remove the left acc. bracket, but it might just be easier. I had the IC/tubes out of mine when I did it, but left the bracket on. Also had a lift too.

yeah i have a lift to use too...but ill just jack it up and see if i cant get to it layin under the car. Hopefully its not too much of a ~~~ kicker to get to it. You think the lower intercooler tube will be in the way? :confused:

sorry to sound dumb...but luckily i havent had to do much on this thing since ive put the motor together & in, so i dont know how rough it is to get to things like this when everything is together. I know on my mustangs its simple as can be.

nah, the tube shouldn't be in the way, i just ment when I pulled my gauge my ic tubes were already out.

If i remember, it looked like it could be really difficult, but it wasn't. Like turn a fitting, then remove the stock sender, install the t, and sender then tighten back down the fitting (90 I assume is what it was).

Anyway, it looked much worse than it was.

Back