Holly shnitzle! I forgot just how much fun driving my 35th was!

quick35th

Guys, last night for the first time in over a year I got to drive my 35th. OMG, it was so exhilarating to drive her once again I nearly soiled myself with excitement :eek: It took no effort to roast the rear tires right off it. Litterally, I could easilly burn the rear tires all threw 1st, 2nd and the beginning of 3rd gear with ease. Reason why I got it out is because I am renting a garage at an apartment complex here in town. It was quite an experience getting it there as I put only the driver's seat back in it so I could get it to it's new home and I duck taped on a pair of head lights that came off my 91 SC after I wrecked it last year so I could have lighting since I was driving it at night.

One of my mustang buddys has been itching to race it all summer so I could not resist the oppertunaty to race him. He has a '99 GT 5spd with flowmasters, cold air, and a short throw shifter. We raced out in the country twice last night. First time I had really bad wheel hop in first gear so I shifted to second and it just roasted the rear tires as I held it at WOT. He also had a tire spinning frenzy launch so by time both of us hooked he was ahead of me by a few feet. That race ended with my front bumer a few feet behind his rear. Next race we both had much better launches with minimal tire spin. He got a little jump on me but not much. This time I held with him the entire time and finished the race with my front bumper dead even with his driver side door. I was so pumped up after that race I did not even care that I had lost both races I was just thrilled that I was basically as fast as his '99 GT.

Deffinately, last night will be an evening that I will remember for a long time. This just gives me the go fast urge even more and makes me want an AR really bad. Maybe I'll delay my building of the big block car some so I can make sure that the 35th is road worthy for next year. Who knows but I am going to have fun with either car no matter what happens.

Shane

good stuff. Keep it safe and continue to race in the middle of nowhere (where it should be done if yer gonna street race!):)

Haha sounds fun shane, Hock just left my house, we had some tire spinning fun on the street also since the track was closed :D :D

Tyler

pure adrenaline

yeah, i was definetly in the passenger seat of the mustang last night, first race was quite interesting, the mustang was not loving all the power to the wheels, lol, we were going sideways down the road (traction control turned off), back end almost hit shanes 35th, and then once we grabbed, it was jus smooth sailing with shane SLOWLY falling behind, and eventually he just let out of it and we got in front of him, so that was race number one MPH=120+

this race was different, seeming how the traction control got turned on by mistake, so race starts, both cars start burnin the tires, mustang bogs massively and the 35th starts gettin ahead slightly until the mustang gets goin again so now the 35th is at the drivers door of the mustang and we just accelerate all night, just like that, noone gains ground, no one loses ground, it was such a pretty sound, supercharger whinning, both cars exhaust screaming...nothing like it....straight adrenaline rush........i loved it!!! lol

oh, and one more thing, there were absolutely NO cars in sight, ANYWHERE, so no worries....the country out in hilliard is completely dead at 12:30 in the afternoon...imagine at night

Grims95SC said:
I hope you didn't suffer from withdrawl too much.

Oh there was major withdrawl this past summer. I only got to autocross once and that wasn't even in the 35th.

Shane

quick35th said:
Oh there was major withdrawl this past summer. I only got to autocross once and that wasn't even in the 35th.

Shane

i went through withdraw just watching/hearing you drive it...and come to think, ive been w/o mine for like, 3 weeks so far and i already miss and tell it goodnight and such :( i still hate it though!!!!! haha

I just ended my 3-4 month dry spell with my 35th, and I couldn't imagine a year :eek:

It was just like old times :D

Feels nice to get back in the ole 35th, thats for sure!

Why was your 35th off the road for so long? Head gaskets? Mine'll be off for at least a year, I'm in college right now so no $. I will soon feel your pain.

Grims95SC said:
Why was your 35th off the road for so long? Head gaskets? Mine'll be off for at least a year, I'm in college right now so no $. I will soon feel your pain.

It was off the road for a year cause I was in the middle of turning it into a race car. The interior is all out of it except for the door pannels, dash and driver seat. I did not want to put it back on the road until I had a cage, racing seats, and 5 point harnesses in it but its been slow coming. I am in college as well so I did not get to work on it very much. Plus I ended up buying an Expedition and had to get new tires for it two days after owning it. That was close to $800 right there which that money was supposed to be used for the roll cage for the 35th. Now I baught Gary Kuhn's 92 SC and a 460 big block for it so really the 35th has been sidelined alot lately. Maybe driving it the other day will give me some inspiration to continue with building it.

Shane

19TbirdSC91 said:
oh, and one more thing, there were absolutely NO cars in sight, ANYWHERE, so no worries....the country out in hilliard is completely dead at 12:30 in the afternoon...imagine at night

Yeah, it really is amazing how dead it is. Where were you guys racing?

way out there....lol

we were out like, decently past hayden run, which is dead anyway, and plus the fact that it was late...no cars...so yeah...

sizemoremk said:
I just ended my 3-4 month dry spell with my 35th, and I couldn't imagine a year :eek:

It was just like old times :D

Feels nice to get back in the ole 35th, thats for sure!

Dryspell, hell i havent got to drive my XR7 since i think it was '02, or maybe it was '03. Talk about a dry spell, but i should get to drive it again soon!!!!!! everytime i sit in the driver seat to do something, it makes me want to get it road worthy really really really really bad. Cant wait until i can get it done, but i got postponed once again, i broke the bleeder vavle for the slave cylinder, so i will have to drop the tranny ONCE again. By the time its all said and done, ill be a pro at droppin trannys!

Derek

NRTrackStar said:
Yeah, it really is amazing how dead it is. Where were you guys racing?

Wait, your from Hilliard too? I thought I was the only SCer in Hilliard before Sean came aboard. Where in the world did you come from lol? I'd like to check out your 94 SC sometime.

Shane

I havent driven an SC more than 100 yards or so since I traded off my 93SC back in 2001. I really loved that car and put a lot into it, but economics wouldnt let me keep it and get the truck I needed. Ive had my current SC running long enough to do a nice burnout and move it around in my yard, but then the balancer broke for good. the 10 minutes I spent in it running are like crack to an addict, im hooked all over again!

????

:confused: yeah, i definetly thought that me and shane were really the only ones from hilliard...we all need to get together and terrorize...even thouhg me and shane are basically without operational sc's :D but thats ok... :confused:

Yeah, I kinda did come from no where I guess lol. I'm actually from Cleveland and I just got a condo out here a couple months ago. I go to OSU and I wanted a garage, so this is where I ended up. But yeah, we all should get together some time. Unfortunately, I can't bring the SC cause there isn't any insurance on it, but as of a few weeks ago it did run! Anyway, I live in Hilliard Commons over by Hilliard-Rome and Renner/Trabue, right off 70, so hit me up next time you guys do something, I'm game.
~Kevin

does it happen to be by the jim keim dealership?? or by steak n shake, because shanes 35th is in those apartments called...something or another pointe, literally right behind steak n shake

NRTrackStar said:
Yeah, I kinda did come from no where I guess lol. I'm actually from Cleveland and I just got a condo out here a couple months ago. I go to OSU and I wanted a garage, so this is where I ended up. But yeah, we all should get together some time. Unfortunately, I can't bring the SC cause there isn't any insurance on it, but as of a few weeks ago it did run! Anyway, I live in Hilliard Commons over by Hilliard-Rome and Renner/Trabue, right off 70, so hit me up next time you guys do something, I'm game.
~Kevin

Kevin,

My 35th is at Waterford Pointe which is on the other side of 70 from you but on the same side as the Steak N Shake, but I live off cemetery rd by the Kroger. I usually get together with Sean and my other buddys every weekend to hang out so if you want to hang out sometime let me know when you are availible. Sometimes I can be found at 4kegs so if you want to hang out there sometime thats cool.

Shane

Back