no spark,help!!!!!

paul timbs

My 89 XR7 died on my brother. Had it towed home. Ran the grounding eec test on the fuel pump, it was ok.Had the PMC check at SIA. Nothing wrong with the PMC. Lucky for me I have 2 XR7's , I swapped the coil, icm from my 90 to my 89. The 90 started right up and the 89 still does not start.I'm stump. Any takers on this? Any and all help will be welcomed.:confused:

Did you check the harmonic balancer and the crank shaft bolt to make sure it didn't shear off and that the crank sensor hasn't been destroyed?

Seems like that can happen.

The crank sensor will cause a no spark condition without a check engine light.

If your up-shift light is on while crank the car then the crank sensor is the problem.

If the crank sensor is bad:
Mike8675309 is letting you know about the impending doom of a failing balancer, a bad balancer will wobble and if you are lucky it takes out the crank sensor as a warning that it is about to break off of the snout. Check the bolt and the overall condition of the balancer. Some recommend replacing the bolt as a precaution.

Ford Part Number:
BOLT: F58Z-6A340-A $4.13
WASHER: E2DZ-6378-A $3.04

Replacing the sensor is not all that bad and it gives a good opportunity to inspect the bAlancer.

Aaron

Back