Seat power lead,,which is hot and which is ground?

pileit1

Well, I found a decent set of seats in a salvage yard today, but there's a problem.

The driver's seat is all the way back, and the rear inner bolt, next to the tunnel, is not accessible. I hooked a battery to the cables in the engine bay, but no power is getting to the seat.

Question is,,,,when I go back with some jumpers to run from the battery directly to the seat, which wires do I connect the battery to to get the seat to move forward so I can get that last bolt out???????????? :confused:

Thanks for your time.

The seat motors have a brown 6-wire connector located just behind the motors (towards the rear of the car). You will need to connect the battery to the yellow/white and red/white wires. Switch the wires if the seat moves the wrong way. You may find it easier to access these two wires at the black 8-wire connector for the seat switch.
Or you could just connect the negative terminal of the battery to a ground point and the positive terminal to the 20 amp SEAT/LOCK circuit breaker in the fuse box under the dash.

Ya know, J.D., come to think of it, I remember seeing a bunch of fuses laying in the floorboard. That might be why there was no power to the seat when I hooked up the battery. :rolleyes: That'll be the first thing I check when I go back.

Thanks!

Back