auto rotor question

blown96bird

I have a eaton M90 on my AED. I would like to upgrade to a autorotor. Do they offer diffrent legenth shafts? It is possiable to bolt a top to the directly to the eaton m90 without having to make a special top? the reason why I ask is it possiable that it will bolt directly to a top like my aed bolts to my manifold? I would like to have more top end pull compared to the eaton. I make adquate power but I would like to have more pull in the top end without killing fuel econmy or bottom end torque like cams will.
scottie we need more power my 335.9 rwhp and 394.9 rear wheel ftlb of torque just don't cut it any more.

To Be OR mightly something screw if not mundible manked?

blown96bird said:
"It is possiable to bolt a top to the directly to the eaton m90 without having to make a special top?
I'm sure this is suppose to mean something, just not sure what?

What's an AED?

Confused 68COUGAR

what I ment by one of my coments was that I was hoping that the autorotor did not have a diffrent outlet shape than the eaton m90.

By just looking at an AED 4.6 and owning an SC, the rear inlet location is much different it seems. The AED's intake seems to be pointed nearly straight back compared to the SC ones. I think it might take a custom inlet plenum and some throttle body and cable relocation. I don't really know for sure though.

Thomas

You would need at least an adapter plate to bolt between the blower and intake and a new inlet. The M90 outlet is large and squarish while the Autorotor outlet is small and rectangular.

I have no idea what would be involved with replacing your eaton with an AR. I think you might have more luck with an M112 fitting. One of the problems is that the AR does not have an internal bypass so you will have to fabricate an external one. Then there is the fact that the AR does not have mounting bosses and the inlet is much much larger.

AED makes a kit using an AR. And it mounts at the snout and the outlet. Retrofitting one to your current setup I dont know...Give Scott at AED a call

Back