My virtual life. Rainbow six that is.

V8Supercoupe

A few hours a day, for the most part,,, I host the, "SKIPJACKER" server on Rainbox six.

My home theatre is directly behind me and it's on even when I am browsing the net. SO, I hear everything that goes on. People running up and down the stairs, people crying when they die, I even hear people whine about cheating.

BLAH.

ANyhow, for those who play, the server(me) always spawns in the same spot. I normally am hosting a, City Street Large map. I am upstairs....Spawned, ready to go, but no-one is home.Well, when you come up the stairs you'll see me. Just blinking my eyes, pointing my rifle at the wall. I have no soul though. Currently it is sitting 10 feet away typing something like this.

Everynow and then I'll hear someone meander up the stairs running around like a commando only to see me standing there...staring at the wall. Geesh, they didn't even look before they came up the stairs.
Way to go man! You'll last long. Good thing its a game.
Anyhow,
Obviously,,, something is funny, they don't see me moving. The smart ones just shoot me. Some guys grenade me! That's smart, way to waste a grenade on someone just standing there. Then there are others who I have actually laughed out loud watching them run through multiple clips trying to kill me! Great one guys, imagine if I was on the move!

There are a few though that I really am worried about. These are the ones who actually see me. They don't know what is going on, they see me standing there and don't quite know what to do. SO they do the most stupid thing you could possible do.

They will run directly up to me and stare into my eyes.
NO FOOL, I'm not there!
Not yet anyway!

I'll hear them, and I can see them, But when you stand directly in front of me and all I see is your virtual mug on my TV, you can be sure in the time it takes me to cover 2 paces, I will come to life.

I would love to imagine the look on someone's face when for 3-4 seconds nothing happens, no-one moves, staring into my eyes and then in a split second I back up a step and wipe the virtual look off their face.

BYE! Go spawn somewhere else.

Anyone else run into this?

Back