PDA

View Full Version : Rear Shock Lower Bolt...

darkstar_one
10-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Hey,

I have just replaced my rear ARC shocks with KYB GR-2 PERFORMANCE shocks... anywho... as i was taking out my used and abused shocks... i noticed that the rear lower shock bolt was cross-threaded.. anywho... since the junkyard was already closed... i couldnt go buy one... also i had lost my wallet so that was another thing... what i ended up doing was reusing it... luckily it tightened just before it got to the corss threaded section.... anywho... anyone know the FORD partnumber or if i can find this autozone... or will ihave to walk into a hardware store and get an automotive strenght bolt.... thanks.....

fast Ed
10-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Looks like the bolt is not serviced as a separate item by Ford. Even tried a Mark VIII listing ... showed a different number, but it's not available either.

cheers
Ed N.

S_Mazza
10-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Nothing wrong with the bolt from the hardware store, as long as it's the right strength grade.

Sampo
10-19-2005, 03:59 AM
Have you already driven your car after changing the shocks?! Tell me your feelings...

I changed my old shocks to KYB GR-2 also about a month ago. The drive is much better now!

Where did you buy them? What was the price? ;)

darkstar_one
10-19-2005, 04:04 AM
yeah i have already drove the car and i love it... even though its just the 2 rears it feels way better... the handling is much more firm and it grips the corners like i have never felt a car grip them before... i just love the way it takes the turns now... cant wait to replace the front ones...

i bought them at ROCKAUTO.com for around 22 bucks each... total was 56 bucks including shipping.... this is just for the 2 rears as i dont have the funds to replace all 4 at the same time... but i still love it and cant wait to replace the fronts... also i cant wait to replace all bushings...

blue94sc
10-19-2005, 12:45 PM
When I get home tonight I will look up the part number for the bolt.
I'll snoop around in my garage to see if I have an extra one laying around as well.
Bill

blue94sc
10-19-2005, 11:17 PM
The rear shock bolt slide through the lower control arm and shock, and then secured by a nut ( at least on my 94 it's that way).
The bolt number is N805289-S and the nut is N620484-S.
These bolts, I believe, are very high (8-10) strength bolts.
A local hardware store would probably not have the type you would need.
Especially on a shock mount where all the abuse occurs.
LMK if your local Ford dealer has the bolt you are looking for.
I didn't have a chance to check in my spare bolts bins tonight.
Hopefully I will get a chance to dig for one tomorrow.
Peace!
Bill