Rear Shock Lower Bolt...

darkstar_one

Hey,

I have just replaced my rear ARC shocks with KYB GR-2 PERFORMANCE shocks... anywho... as i was taking out my used and abused shocks... i noticed that the rear lower shock bolt was cross-threaded.. anywho... since the junkyard was already closed... i couldnt go buy one... also i had lost my wallet so that was another thing... what i ended up doing was reusing it... luckily it tightened just before it got to the corss threaded section.... anywho... anyone know the FORD partnumber or if i can find this autozone... or will ihave to walk into a hardware store and get an automotive strenght bolt.... thanks.....

Looks like the bolt is not serviced as a separate item by Ford. Even tried a Mark VIII listing ... showed a different number, but it's not available either.

cheers
Ed N.

Nothing wrong with the bolt from the hardware store, as long as it's the right strength grade.

Have you already driven your car after changing the shocks?! Tell me your feelings...

I changed my old shocks to KYB GR-2 also about a month ago. The drive is much better now!

Where did you buy them? What was the price? ;)

yeah i have already drove the car and i love it... even though its just the 2 rears it feels way better... the handling is much more firm and it grips the corners like i have never felt a car grip them before... i just love the way it takes the turns now... cant wait to replace the front ones...

i bought them at ROCKAUTO.com for around 22 bucks each... total was 56 bucks including shipping.... this is just for the 2 rears as i dont have the funds to replace all 4 at the same time... but i still love it and cant wait to replace the fronts... also i cant wait to replace all bushings...

Shock Bolt

When I get home tonight I will look up the part number for the bolt.
I'll snoop around in my garage to see if I have an extra one laying around as well.
Bill

Lower shock bolt

The rear shock bolt slide through the lower control arm and shock, and then secured by a nut ( at least on my 94 it's that way).
The bolt number is N805289-S and the nut is N620484-S.
These bolts, I believe, are very high (8-10) strength bolts.
A local hardware store would probably not have the type you would need.
Especially on a shock mount where all the abuse occurs.
LMK if your local Ford dealer has the bolt you are looking for.
I didn't have a chance to check in my spare bolts bins tonight.
Hopefully I will get a chance to dig for one tomorrow.
Peace!
Bill

Back