PDA

View Full Version : resonator delete ?'s

Blown 91 Bird
10-16-2005, 06:34 PM
i think sometime next weekend im gonna put my car up on the lift and cut the resonator off and just stick a straight pipe in for now.

Should i notice a difference in performance with this? I plan to do a complete exhaust later down the road, but looking for some simple things to do right now.

And another ?, what size diameter is the stock piping? and should i get the same size to replace the resonator, or would going with a bigger tube so it slips over both ends work fine?

Redtallman
10-16-2005, 09:17 PM
does not sound good friend just did his with flowmasters and it sound horible to me kind of sound like a 6 cylinder mustang with true duels sound kind if tinny if that makes sense :D

Blown 91 Bird
10-16-2005, 11:05 PM
does not sound good friend just did his with flowmasters and it sound horible to me kind of sound like a 6 cylinder mustang with true duels sound kind if tinny if that makes sense :D

im keeping the rest of the stock exhaust (catted downtubes, and rear mufflers) just taking the resonator out. From what ive read it doesnt really change the sound of the exhaust doing this :confused:

I will most likely use kooks mufflers (since i can get them dirt cheap) with some sort of resonator for my final exhaust (no cats..gotta love having no emissions :D)