View Full Version : Bypass valve hose?

10-16-2005, 08:28 PM
I had the blower off replacing the valve cover gaskets, w-pump, plugs, and wires.

I have it all back together now, but i dont see a vacuum line for the bypass valve. where does it come from?
Could i have mashed it under the blower?

By the way its on a 1989 XR7.


Thanks, TY

10-16-2005, 11:39 PM
The red arrow points to where the other end of the vacuum hose connects.

10-17-2005, 09:35 AM
on mine there is a small hard plastic line that runs to a vacuum tree on the drivers side firewall. At least thats where I plugged my bypass valve into. Mine was off when I bought the car.

10-17-2005, 09:40 AM
The vacuum line comes from the drivers side firewall area. It's a long line that hooks up to the bypass valve nipple. If you can't find it, you need a line that is constant vacuum. On later models, it comes off the blower inlet plenum..


10-18-2005, 01:02 AM
on early models it comes from inlet plenum and has no bypass switch it is direct vacume from inlet plenum. either it comes from back side on 89 and goes to bypass or it comes from front of inlet plenum to bypass or it comes from inlet plenum goes to driverside to a vac switch then to bypass , three different ways it can go ive seen two different ways on 89s some with vac switch some direct to bypass my 92 has direct and also no egr or place to put one ive also seen some with a ford block off plate on egr , i think egrs had a vac switch and none egrs had direct vac to bypass