Audio Help Needed

rhodes588

Okay, so I have always had a VERY wierd problem with my cd player units. The last one I had, my car got broken into and stolen. So I had to buy another one. I install it.. the yellow wire (constant) has no power coming from it. So I splice a wire from the cigarette lighter to make up for that. That works. So.. everything is fine. I am then driving to my sisters wedding the other day, and it suddenly turns off. So I take a look at the fuse, fuse is fine (15A). I put the fuse back in, everything works fine. Then, after listening for a little bit, it decides to go out once again. So I then push up on the fuse box, and boom, I have a radio again. Is there any type of problem happening with the fuse or maybe the fuse box?

I figure of the whole fuse box is not making contact, the whole car would shut off basically. But could the fuse for the radio be bad where I would have to constantly push it up?

Also, what would cause the yellow constant to go out?

Also, does anyone know how to take the bass out of the inside speakers and transfer all of it to the rear subwoofers?

Thanks A BUNCH,
Kyle

rhodes588 said:
Okay, so I have always had a VERY wierd problem with my cd player units. The last one I had, my car got broken into and stolen. So I had to buy another one. I install it.. the yellow wire (constant) has no power coming from it. So I splice a wire from the cigarette lighter to make up for that. That works. So.. everything is fine. I am then driving to my sisters wedding the other day, and it suddenly turns off. So I take a look at the fuse, fuse is fine (15A). I put the fuse back in, everything works fine. Then, after listening for a little bit, it decides to go out once again. So I then push up on the fuse box, and boom, I have a radio again. Is there any type of problem happening with the fuse or maybe the fuse box?

I figure of the whole fuse box is not making contact, the whole car would shut off basically. But could the fuse for the radio be bad where I would have to constantly push it up?

Also, what would cause the yellow constant to go out?

Also, does anyone know how to take the bass out of the inside speakers and transfer all of it to the rear subwoofers?

Thanks A BUNCH,
Kyle

Not really sure if i can help u with the cutting on/off bit, but i may be able to help u with the bass bit. I have a pioneer head unit and i have my rear speaker set on 4, ive got the treble all the way up and i just adjust the bass according to what type of music im listening to at the moment. Although, i have no rear speakers set up at the moment, this system is in my truck and with the bog Sub box, i had no room for my 6X9 that are in boxes, but running it that way dosent bother me any, i can hardly tell.

Derek

Back