chugging problem

TwoToneThunder

bout ready to get working on my car after talking to my teachers we determined the flywheel problem is a cause of the bad starter and the kicking back problem is a result of something else
i need to get answers to bad timing the car was chugging and not idling before the starter problem
i have replaced the balancer and crank sensor this started after replacing the water pump
i need opinions its time to get this ~~~~er running again :mad:

did you replace the water pump ..then start having these problems and replaced balancer and CR/S ?
why did you replace water pump?
over heating ? leaking out the weep hole? seemed like a good idea ?
could be a relationship between the 2 ...if it was getting hot
either way I would pull the spark plugs out and see what's going on ...if they are all running the same be it lean ,rich...or if one or more are nice and white
from a head gasket going ....only problem I have sort like chugging was a clogged fuel filter ....dave

i had the balancer and crank sensor replaced
that night the headgaskets blew had those replaced
then when spring came around i had the car parked in the driveway and noticed a puddle under the engine when it was running u could see it was coming from the pump
this task i did and put it back together to find it having an idle issue
while trying to find the idle issue the starter died so i took it to my trusty shop where they put the starter on to find it "kicking back" they described it to almost back fire
the flywheel was damaged and so was the starter I BELIEVE THIS WAS FROM THE ORIGINAL STARTER GOING BAD
how else could the flywheel be damaged?
i need to get on the flywheel
but i would like to find out why the car is acting out of time
would a cam sensor throttle position sensor or something do this
the plugs and wires have been replaced
the IAC was messed with somewhere i remember it having 2 bolts and when i looked at it there was only one

you do want both screws in the IAC ...don't want any unmeasured air getting into the intake....a vacume leak at the IAC... could cause it to hunt for idle ....you should have close to -20 vac at idle 750rpm in park A/C off ...if not .....vacume leaks are still present....beyond the MAF ....check wires once more ...from coil pack ....from front of car left to right... back side... #1#2#3
..front... left to right #5#6#4 ...cyclinders ... pass side.... front to firewall #1#2#3...driver side..front to firewall #4#5#6....this maybe related to your flywheel/starter and idle problems...coil pack fires plugs/cyclinders in pairs ,,#1#5 ,, #2#6 ,, #3#4.....mix the pairs up ,,, you will get kick back and high load on the starter... burning it out ...and/or eating the teeth off the flywheel/starter or warp flywheel .... sounds like bad timing doesn't it ....dave

Last edited:
Back