Motor Mounts

BalouSC

Hey Guys;
Been gone for awhile. I got sent out of country to work. Sorry to those of you that sent me PM's and didn't get a reply. I think I read somewhere on here that if your oil filter is rubbing on your wiring harness that your motor mounts are bad. Is this true? How can I tell and should I assume that my tranny mount is also dead. History on my car: 93 sc with a 5 speed and 53k miles. The car sat in a collectors storage for quite sometime. I have been told that there are several problems that will occur when a car is in storage. So far I have had a radiator go, and a wheel bearing go. Could this be part of the problem. The storage that is.

BalouSC said:
Hey Guys;
Been gone for awhile. I got sent out of country to work. Sorry to those of you that sent me PM's and didn't get a reply. I think I read somewhere on here that if your oil filter is rubbing on your wiring harness that your motor mounts are bad. Is this true? How can I tell and should I assume that my tranny mount is also dead. History on my car: 93 sc with a 5 speed and 53k miles. The car sat in a collectors storage for quite sometime. I have been told that there are several problems that will occur when a car is in storage. So far I have had a radiator go, and a wheel bearing go. Could this be part of the problem. The storage that is.

If its really hard to get the filter off or if you have to jack the engine/tranny up to get the filter off then you most likely have bad motor mounts. The factory mounts a fluid filled and are very weak. Another easy way to tell is if your oil pan sticks out bellow the kmember. Good luck!

Shane

bad mounts

your mounts are bad, mine were the same way. rubbed harness, oil filter hard to get off. Replace them.
MikeH

Back