Cat clogged, Please Help?

OneFastBird

I'm pretty positive that my cat is clogged. Should I just cut out the cats or buy new ones. If I cut out the cats, how would I go about doing that.

When I first got my car, it was all stock with just borla catback on it, boosting around 17 lbs. I never thought about it at the time, I blew the right side head gasket, even after replacing the head gasket and head it would buck me once it would start building up boost. I've already replaced my tps, camshaft, crankshaft, fuel pump, fuel filter, plugs and wires and none of it ever helped. Is there anything else that it could be besides my cats, I don't know why I never thought of it before.

Get the new ones. I deleted my cats after the other was clogged. The sound is still good w/o them. The new cats aren't expensive so I ordered two
Magnaflow cats and will install them when I rebuild my exhaust. I drove three years w/o cats and everything worked fine.

If you like to go without the cats just cut them out and replace them with the straight pipes.

Last edited:
yeah HIGH BOOST is a sign of a bad exhaust.... i would push close to 14 pounds on the almost stock exhaust and it was nerve wrecking.... so when i put on my almost new exhaust... it dropped down to close to 10... no more than now.... atleast i havent seen it gone past 8...... but oh well i am running a late model blower and their pulleys are bigger then early model blower pulleys.... good thing ur cats werent too hot cuz then ur manifolds would be glowing red.....

Back