Exhaust Question -

Billabong089

Guys, I'm trying to do my fuel pump, and I cant remove the exhaust, I spent two hours trying to get the stupid exhaust pipes from the manifolds... I need some ideas or I think i might just leave it in the road for the next couple of months which I don't really want to do...

So please can someone give me some ideas, those suckers are rusted like no other... Would you recommended cutting off the bolts, but then again I'm not even sure I'll have enough room to do it plus metal and dirt would be flyin all over my face... :mad:

Try this...

Try hitting the rusted areas with some PB Blaster. Soak the nuts and studs and then let it sit for a while before you give it a try. It may take a few times until the Blaster penetrates all the way. Keep soaking them until they let go.

Soak it with liquid wrench let it set for a few hours then put as big a breaker bar on it that you can find. I took mine off for the first time last month it took a two foot breaker bar with all half inch drive equipment and I wish I had one longer.

If I do get them off, should I reuse them? can I get new studs and nuts or whatever.

Becuase If I can get new ones I should cut some of them off and worry about the ones I cant get to

Billabong089 said:
If I do get them off, should I reuse them? can I get new studs and nuts or whatever.

Becuase If I can get new ones I should cut some of them off and worry about the ones I cant get to

Why are you taking the exhaust off at the manifolds? If your exhast is stock, disconnect the back section at the resonator. PB Blaster the nuts, go have a beer or two, and come back to it.
I just did a gas tank swap/fuel pump install this past weekend. Sadly, it has been the easiest project so far :/
Wear some goggles under there, lots of crud bits falling on you whether it looks clean or not.

Back